Opinions on Final result...pics

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

striker2090

Opinions on Final result...pics

#1 Post by striker2090 »

Hello all-
I've been away from this board for a long time....let me just refresh your memory...40 year old, mother of 3...large overbite, crossbite, and overjet, along with crowding. I had metal braces, expander, elastics, headgear, and bite buttons for the past year. My original sentence was 39 months. For some reason, unbeknownst to me, the ortho took off the braces at my adjustment on Friday. I'm not sure if I;m happy with the result...there is still quite an overbite. I would really appreciate opinions on whether to have my teeth rebanded, and all the appliances put back in. I certainly have been through a lot the past year. here are pics (sorry there a little blurry):
Opinions?
Thanx so much,
Striker

shinyam

#2 Post by shinyam »

I think your teeth look good. It's probably not worth getting re-braced just to fix a minor overbite. Just my opinion.

Alison

#3 Post by Alison »

:D Hi....

I think your teeth look great! :) I know you said your not sure if your happy or not with the result...I was the same when I had my brace (top only) removed after only 10 months...

Personally I think too much is made of "overbites" I still have quite a big overbite its just not goofy & crooked anymore lol :P
my teeth are not as perfect as I hoped they would be but...6 months later after removal (wearing a essix retainer) Ive grown used to my nice if not perfect smile! even though my teeth are not dead straight...I have had lots of comments from people saying what lovely teeth I have!?!?! lol

your teeth look really straight to me? I would wait a while to see how you feel? I dont think you need to have a brace again...but Im no expert lol

Most people look better for having an overbite...if my teeth had been pushed back any further I think my top lip would have disappeared lol...NOT a look a want lol!

I think yours looks great!....Congratulations! :wink:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BRACED - 21ST JUNE 2004
BRACE REMOVED- 11TH APRIL 2005
STARTED WEARING A RETAINER - 14TH APRIL 2005
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

jimmy18

#4 Post by jimmy18 »

Did your ortho not mention why you had them removed two years early?

chrisd

#5 Post by chrisd »

if you are not happy bring it up and take care of it now. otherwise you may end up back in braces years down the road (like me;-). you should atleast discuss it with your ortho
chris

Chris

#6 Post by Chris »

Sure wish the photos were clearer. :?

Looks like a deep bite and some overjet.

The deep bite can only be fixed with jaw surgery "at our age".

The final result may not be what you expected but perhaps the best the ortho could do. Get a second opinion. Never hurts.

P.S. Nice smile though. Would have liked to see the before and after too.
Top Braces June 2004
Bottom Braces November 2004
Debanded January 2007

Chaim9778

#7 Post by Chaim9778 »

I kind of have the same issue. I still have an overbite and will be getting my braces off no later than December I'd say. Did your ortho mention anything about surgery to break your jaw before you got braced? The reason I ask is because mine did. In order to completely fix my overbite I would need my jaw broken. I didn't want to have it done, which is fine, it wasn't a definite. However, I still have an overbite. Not near as bad as it was to begin with, and my midline is slightly off. My ortho said the overbite is as corrected as it's going to get, and the midline will stay off due to the fact that I just want it in the middle for cosmetic reasons, the bite is perfect otherwise. Your teeth look awesome, overbite or not!!!!