Damon 3 braces keep falling off

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

amandab

Damon 3 braces keep falling off

#1 Post by amandab »

I just got my braces and I have had 7 in total fall off. I eat no hard food and am sooo carefull. Its driving me crazy. Also its kinda scaring me how fast my teeth have moved, my front two teeth that were crossed are now almost straight, in two days.?? Is this normal or is that bad for my teeth to move that fast? Im just so unsure about all of this. Thanks

Loop

#2 Post by Loop »

I think it is normal for teeth to move v. quickly with non-ligating brackets because there's no friction from the ligatures. There's a few regulars on here who have these type of brackets and they've all made v. fast progress. You are lucky - you'll have a shorter treatment time than the rest of us!
I was all set to get Damon 3's but when I had my appointment to get braced he told me he'd stopped using them because they kept coming off his patients so I don't think it's all that unusual.

TaraM971

#3 Post by TaraM971 »

I'm in your boat. I had 3 come off in a matter of 3 days a few weeks ago. I am very careful about what I eat too so I know it wasn't my fault. My ortho of course blamed it on that. I think it's a defect in the brackets or the adhesive personally. Ugh frustrating isn't it? I dont want to be in there any more than I have to! Good luck with yours!
*Never frown, you never know who's falling in love with your smile* Ü

Braces on: October 19,2004
Braces off: August 7, 2006