How many teeth have you "waxed" at once?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

lorsa

Re: How many teeth have you "waxed" at once?

#16 Post by lorsa »

I'm 4 weeks in and after the first night I learned I have to wax the bottom front 4, otherwise I wake up with the inside of my front lip all chewed up. Haven't had to wax any others yet, although the last few days I'm noticing a wire poking out from the last bracket on my upper left and it seems to be getting worse.

djspeece

#17 Post by djspeece »

The most for me has been two. A particular tech at my ortho's office likes to warn me after a visit that this time I will definitely need wax, and invariably I do not, even though teeth are moving. I nod in a meaningful way and smile inwardly knowing that she has just warded off the wax. She also is the one that loves to warn me about all the pain that is going to come, and I again nod meaningfully and say "Well then bring it!" I'm pretty sure she thinks I'm nuts, and of course she is correct.
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying

bride123105

#18 Post by bride123105 »

Well now I am up to 3 at once... my lack of sleep seems to have made my mouth extra sensitive.

chomper$

#19 Post by chomper$ »

My first week was torture to my upper lip! I've waxed at least 7 at once during that week.