First 24Hrs w/ uppers

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

SpottedPickle

First 24Hrs w/ uppers

#1 Post by SpottedPickle »

Today is a good day so far. Yesterday I had some pressure all over, pulling when I clenched and chewed. I clenched A LOT, I am a clencher. I had a slight headache. 2 Advil early on in the morning and a whiskey sour last night later on was all the medication I have needed so far :lol: I also only used my lip-guard for an hour yesterday. I had 3 oz of filet from the porterhouse hubs and I shared, potatoes, and cauliflower for dinner even. Today so far I barely know my braces are rubbing on the inside of my mouth!

Day After Report!
Left Front Quarter - slight pain, pressure, and cannot chew
Left Back & Right Front Quarter - Slight pressure, pulling when clenching and chewing
Right Back Quarter - I hardly feel my braces, the slightest pulling when clenching and chewing

Braces Revelation:
Superfloss is NOT for me. the cotton beginning just shreds and gets stuck on things. I am much faster with a threader and my dental ribbon.
I am still in love with my Waterpik and Sonicare.
The assistant said my clenching could prove beneficial, and so far it is. :)
Whiskey Sours are better than a salt and water rinse hehehe

chomper$

Re: First 24Hrs w/ uppers

#2 Post by chomper$ »

[quote="SpottedPickle"]
Whiskey Sours are better than a salt and water rinse hehehe[/quote]

I wish I learned that after my first day! Sounds like you're adjusting well. Cheers!

sirwired

#3 Post by sirwired »

Gin Martini at 4:1 Gin to Vermouth; 2 olives. (Though if your teeth hurt, skip the olives! :D )

djspeece

#4 Post by djspeece »

sirwired wrote:Gin Martini at 4:1 Gin to Vermouth; 2 olives. (Though if your teeth hurt, skip the olives! :D )
And shaken, not stirred! :gavel:
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying