I think I'm gonna cry :(

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

S_Ranger

I think I'm gonna cry :(

#1 Post by S_Ranger »

Todays appt went totally wrong and threw my expectations off big time. I went in for a cleaning today and was expecting braces wed. The doc already had me scheduled and stuff. But now he changes his mind at the last minute and wants my records done all over again. Spacers are put in my mouth again, x-rays are done, now instead of braces wed. I'm getting molds done to be sent to the lab which is gonna take 2-4 weeks and on top of that my teeth are ugly! I've had this retainer I've been wearing since I had my braces taken off. Wore it everyday. It made my teeth look better for some reason. Now it's off and I feel like crap. I think about wearing it still but I have spacers in the back molars. Do you think it's cool?

Lexy

#2 Post by Lexy »

I don't think you should continue wearing the old retainer. The spacers are used to create spaces between your molars. The retainer could close those spaces back up, and that would defeat the purpose of wearing the spacers.

Anyway, chin up. You're experiencing a minor setback by not getting your braces just yet, but it'll happen soon, and you'll be happier with your teeth once it does. Good luck.
Braced: June 2005
Treatment Time: 30 months
Metal on Top and Bottom

Lexy

#3 Post by Lexy »

Re-reading your post, I'm a little confused about something. You said you were wearing a retainer. Does that mean you've had braces before? And if you wore your retainer every day, as you said in your message, why do you need braces again?
Metal on Top and Bottom

S_Ranger

#4 Post by S_Ranger »

I wasn't done w/my treament when I they were taken off. I had to go to basic training and braces weren't allowed. Still though, this retainer has been on my teeth everyday for the past 2 years. I kinda got used to it and I'm self consious w/out it. :(

S_Ranger

#5 Post by S_Ranger »

Thanks, when I read words of encouragemnt I can't help but think positive. I just can't be myself when it comes to messed up teeth. I dunno, I feel all good by myself right now, just w/my co workers I'm afraid to smile. I put my retainer back on :cry: :oops: :cry:

Lexy

#6 Post by Lexy »

I really wouldn't do that... you might hinder your treatment. :(

If you're still set on wearing that old retainer, call your ortho and make sure it's ok, and that it won't do more harm than good. I do have a feeling that he/she will tell you not to wear it though.

But just think: You've only got a couple weeks left with your teeth the way they are. After that, you get your braces on and before you know it, your chompers will be straight again. You can do it. You've done it before. Just have patience and keep your final goal (that beautiful, straight smile) in mind.
Metal on Top and Bottom