Before During and After Pictures

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

lndalou

Before During and After Pictures

#1 Post by lndalou »

I am in my forties and am going into my second week with braces. The first week I had decided I had made a huge mistake, but now am a little more comfortable with the face I see in the mirror. I have had several people say that I will be amazed at how quick I will see a change. I was told at my orthadonist office that I would probably notice a change within 5 to 6 weeks. I am also supposed to have 2 teeth taken out because of crowding. I have a fear of looking snaggle toothed. Again, I am told after extractions, the movement happens quick. Is there anyone who could share any before, during treatment, or after pictures. It is just amazing to me how these things are supposed to work. I guess I am just too anxious.
I just got braces put on at age 47 because I have always been so self conscious of my teeth. I am having a difficult timegetting used to them. (Maybe I haven't given it enough time.) Is this normal? HELP!

Layla

#2 Post by Layla »

Hey.

I had 3 teeth taken out when I was about 11, preparing for braces. I ended up chickening out, and have now just started treatment at 19. Just before the braces, I had one more tooth removed.

I had a gap between one of my front bottom teeth which was about 1/2 or 1 mm wide. I've had my braces on for about 6 months, and that gap is completely gone, I think it was gone within the first couple of months. None of my other gaps have changed much, so now I have to wear elastics that attach from my front upper teeth to my back bottom teeth. You can't see them when I talk, and they're not that annoying. My teeth will take especially long to move, though, because I waited a decade after the removal of the teeth before starting treatment, which means I won't be able to get a "perfect" result. I'm fine with that, because I'm happy to have a tiny technical "overbite", keeps your face looking younger anyway... I just want the severity improved.

Lala7603

#3 Post by Lala7603 »

hey
of u click on the www under my post it will take u to my xanga site....there i have pictures of my teeth and everything before and after. They are really kool to look at

SMiles and GL

Lala
Braces On: November 21, 2003
Braces Off: December 17, 2004
Braces Back On: November 6, 2007
Braces Back Off: 2008

lndalou

#4 Post by lndalou »

Sorry, I am new to the message board and didn't know exactly how to get to your pictures. You were really lucky to have results so quickly. (noticed your dates) A year is not sounding too bad right now, but 2 seems like an eternity. Congradulations!!!!!!!!!!
I just got braces put on at age 47 because I have always been so self conscious of my teeth. I am having a difficult timegetting used to them. (Maybe I haven't given it enough time.) Is this normal? HELP!

metal mouth

#5 Post by metal mouth »

I was 46 when I had braces for the first time. I had to have two extractions. One on the lower front and one on the upper back. Yes, I was worried about being lopsided. But now that they are finally moving into place, & I only notice that. I am really glad that I have made the plung. I know that it under construction now, but when they come of it will be the finished product. It is well worth the time, effort and money :wink:
Harley Momma with Metal :-)
[/url]