Poll: At What Age Did You Get Your Braces?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

At What Age Did You Start Your Current Orthodontic Treatment?

18 to 21
15%
22 to 29
36%
30 to 39
29%
40 to 49
13%
50 to 59
6%
60 plus
1%

Total votes: 2072

Askme

Re: Poll: At What Age Did You Get Your Braces?

#661 Post by Askme »

Getting them at 38 in January which gives me time to have a binge over the Xmas period and then hit the soup diet in January :)

Nara29

#662 Post by Nara29 »

Finally getting them at 28. I've waited far too long if you ask me. XD

snowblaze

#663 Post by snowblaze »

Got them aboot 3 weeks ago, quickly getting used to them.

Juicy2003

#664 Post by Juicy2003 »

I turned 38 two months ago and I am hoping to have my braces on before the end of the year.

journeybegins

#665 Post by journeybegins »

Getting mine on next Tuesday. I'm 25 and should've got braces much much earlier. Better late then never right?

LeedsTiger

#666 Post by LeedsTiger »

I was 36 at the time I decided to commence orthodontic treatment.

grin61

Re:braces at 53

#667 Post by grin61 »

[quote="mikesmile"]I just turned 53 and will be getting my braces in less than 2 weeks. I also had braces the first time at age 27. It was an easy decision the first time - not as easy the second time around...but still glad I'm doing it :D[/quote]

Hello; I was less than a week away from my 52nd B-Day when I took the plunge to get braces. 11 months later and I`m doing fine. I will be having orthognathic surgery on my lower jaw some time into the spring of 2015 or sooner. I find myself flip-flopping back and forth over having the surgery. When you read various sites on orthognathic surgery on the internet, you learn and get other people`s comments on their surgery experience and it can play games with your head.

I guess it`s normal to get a little nervous or reserved to the idea of having surgery , especially in this location of the body.

Did you have any orthognathic surgery ?

Hope to hear back from you.
sincerely,
Darlene

Jessp

#668 Post by Jessp »

I am currently 32 and I got braces about two days ago. I have always wanted them but could never afford them. I have to wear them for 30 months! I am just thinking about the end results and finally having a beautiful smile I can be proud of. The only issues I have ran into is trying to find stuff I can eat, and horrible sinus issues! Has anyone else had this issue?

GameChanger

#669 Post by GameChanger »

Im 26, and I will have records meeting October 15th. I'm excited and nervous at the same time. I've been wanting to get braces for so long but always casted it aside for various reasons. But now I've finally mustered up the courage to take the plunge and I'm ready for the path ahead of me!

GeezLouise

#670 Post by GeezLouise »

53 and got a metal mouth 2 weeks ago.
:tingrin:

Carnations

#671 Post by Carnations »

54 and just braced. I put up with my uneven teeth for years, but this summer I saw some photographs of myself in which my teeth looked simply awful. I've got quite a thin face and I didn't want to start looking like a jumble-toothed old witchy-woman as I get older, so I decided to do something about it.

Uptown Girl

#672 Post by Uptown Girl »

I'm 63 and will get my braces in one week. My bottom teeth have been moving for years since a sideways growing tooth was removed but because you can't see them when I smile I didn't worry.

My new dentist was concerned about the wear on my bottom teeth so recommended an orthodontist. I thought Invisalign on the bottom teeth would be OK but received a shock when told I had a crossbite, my upper crowns (resulting from a car accident) were causing extreme wear on the bottom teeth and I would lose them by 70 if I didn't do something.

The only treatment that would work would be metal braces on the bottom and metal and ceramic on the top with elastics. The orthodontist said he'd never seen so much wear on teeth as mine but I suppose that's because most of his customers are much younger. I'm wearing the spacers at the moment and am really looking forward to getting started. This forum is so useful as most people in the community are amazed someone my age would consider braces. I don't see this as any different to the knee and hip replacements some of my friends are getting. At least I hopefully won't have to have dentures when I'm 70.

Buttercup22

#673 Post by Buttercup22 »

Will be getting mine next week at the age of 22, but this has been on my mind for the past 12 years! :crazy:

msbraceface

#674 Post by msbraceface »

25 and I am more nervous than ever!

bracemyselfyall

#675 Post by bracemyselfyall »

I got braced 2 years ago at 25.