Braces 25

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

bracemyselfyall

Re: Braces 25

#16 Post by bracemyselfyall »

I had my braces at 25 as well. I'm glad this process has been a positive experience for you so far.

GameChanger

#17 Post by GameChanger »

When I see everyone's post it just makes me more motivated...I can't believe that my big day is only 6 days away!

lexieplexie

#18 Post by lexieplexie »

TODAY MAKES IT ONE YEAR IN BRACES!!!!!! :crazy: :D
Since my last post I've extracted 2 premolars and also had a TAD (Temporary anchorage device) installed which im still wearing. I had this done in November, today.... my gaps have closed significantly,my massive overbite is practically non existent. It really is amazing all the changes I've seen, mostly positive. I have noticed now that im beginning to have a bit of a "gummy smile" but I plan on speaking with my ortho to fix this...its not something I want to stay with. I was doing a bit of research and apparently gingivectomy is an option, so I will explore this option with her on my next visit in 3 days.

I was worried about how the shape of my face would look after the extractions but it really hasn't changed that much. I just really want these gaps to close up and for the next 6 mths to go by as quickly as possible, I want my mouth back. I've attached some pics I took a week after my last appointment earlier this mth. Gaps have closed even more since then but im too lazy to take new pics :roll:
:-*
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

lexieplexie

#19 Post by lexieplexie »

OH AND WEAR YOUR ELASTICS!!!!!!!!! IT HELPS BELIEVE ME!!!