What kind of Braces do you have?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

KeepSmilingg

What kind of Braces do you have?

#1 Post by KeepSmilingg »

I just realized after getting my braces on after a week, that I have completely different braces then everyone else. I see some people have little bands wrapped around their wire that hold it snug while mine is a compartment style design (Empower braces). However I'm unable to change the colour of mine because of that.

What kind of braces do you have and is their perks to having newer ones? Supposedly the new empower ones I'm using remove the purpose of having a spacer but I could be wrong.

chichi

Re: What kind of Braces do you have?

#2 Post by chichi »

What you're describing is a self-ligating bracket, meaning you don't need the ligatures (those colored o-rings) to keep the wire in. I'm in Damons, which are also self-ligating.
Had Damons (ceramic upper, metal lower) from June 27, 2013 - January 20, 2015
15-18 month sentence, official time in braces was 18 months, 3 weeks, 3 days
My Story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=45054

msw

#3 Post by msw »

Also in Damons! :tingrin: Clear brackets on my social six and metal everywhere else.

Ambrosia80

#4 Post by Ambrosia80 »

I also have self-ligating (Damons).
Damon braces- ceramic uppers, metal lowers

sentence: 15-18 months (Sept.-Dec. 2014)

ashgerg

#5 Post by ashgerg »

I have clarity on my social six on top, metal every where else.

I only have the tops on right now, bottoms will be all metal coming soon.

mapleleafman888

#6 Post by mapleleafman888 »

Damons as well.
My story:http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=45354
Upper and Lower Damon Braces for 18 months!
I met 46 braceface adults when I had braces myself!

beckyboo0205

#7 Post by beckyboo0205 »

I have Self ligating too... In-Ovation somethings.

But even though you don't have the rubber bands now, you could (and most likely will probably) get a powerchain which is a string of those rubber bands basically. Then you can have fun colors if you want!

Nelly13

#8 Post by Nelly13 »

I'm getting the self ligating next week and am thinking of doing clear on the top front 6. Do you guys have trouble with them breaking? It will cost $50 a bracket every time one breaks.

rocco11510

#9 Post by rocco11510 »

Wow you show-offs and your self-ligating/Damon braces! HA!

I have traditional metal braces (not self-ligating). I am totally ok with that! :lol:

TheProfessor

#10 Post by TheProfessor »

Nelly13 wrote:I'm getting the self ligating next week and am thinking of doing clear on the top front 6. Do you guys have trouble with them breaking? It will cost $50 a bracket every time one breaks.
I've had the Damon clears on the upper 6 and metals on the rest for over 6 months. The clear brackets don't seem to be too fragile-I think you would have to bite into something very hard (and probably on the forbidden food list) to break them. I like how they are less noticeable than metal brackets, but I would have also been fine with all metals. Good luck with your braces!
Braces installed on March 25, 2014: Damon clears on top and metal on bottom.
I had braces for 25 months!

chichi

#11 Post by chichi »

Nelly13 wrote:I'm getting the self ligating next week and am thinking of doing clear on the top front 6. Do you guys have trouble with them breaking? It will cost $50 a bracket every time one breaks.
I have ceramic Damons on my top front 10. The only time a bracket has broken in my 15 months in braces was last week when the assistant broke one (and then its replacement) at an adjustment. That's obviously not my fault and won't count against me. Otherwise, I've never felt that they were especially fragile.
Had Damons (ceramic upper, metal lower) from June 27, 2013 - January 20, 2015
15-18 month sentence, official time in braces was 18 months, 3 weeks, 3 days
My Story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=45054

bracemyselfyall

#12 Post by bracemyselfyall »

When I started my orthodontic treatment 2 years ago I had SureSmile archwires.

beckyboo0205

#13 Post by beckyboo0205 »

I have ceramic clears on top and never broken anything yet at almost 19 months down. After the early on removal of my bits turbo s or whatever they are called i am actually a bit nervous for the braces removal because it kinda hurt as they seemed to be really stuck. I was pretty worried about breaking something at the beginning but i haven't been cocerned much since getting them on and learning what you can do and eat.

pamboys09

#14 Post by pamboys09 »

Damon Braces.. top and bottom ceramic

chomper

#15 Post by chomper »

I have traditional braces. So far so good.