How much did you guys pay for your braces?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

MIbean

Re: How much did you guys pay for your braces?

#76 Post by MIbean »

[quote="metalmomma"]My total treatment was originally quoted $5700 for 15 to 24 months of treatment , but thay called on my way home from their consultation and said merry Christmas and the doctor agreed to do them free of charge.[/quote]

^ - That's amazing and so wonderful to hear these days.

Mine cost appx $5600 - all out of pocket for me. They put me on a payment plan though Orthobanc. Turns out that I will be done paying them off at the end of this month! Took about 2 years.

bracemyselfyall

#77 Post by bracemyselfyall »

My treatment cost me over $6,000.

pamboys09

#78 Post by pamboys09 »

$6000

3k down 130 per month for 2 yrs

ArchimedesDeathray

#79 Post by ArchimedesDeathray »

I was quoted 4,500 for metal and 5,000 for Invisalign or Ceramic braces.

chomper

#80 Post by chomper »

My quote was $3800 for 18 months of treatment. Plus an additional $250 for a retainer.

GameChanger

#81 Post by GameChanger »

I will be paying $3500 for all metal! Might as well have fun with it. I get my braces on next Wednesday, 10/22....I'm excited and nervous at the same time, I had my records appointment yesterday

msbraceface

#82 Post by msbraceface »

$4390 total. I paid a deposit of $750 and no interested financing for 24 months. So $152 monthly.

For CT this is pretty cheap. Other prices I had gotten were upwards $6500. Yikes!

Braces on tomorrow!%@&^#$ ahh.

KaylaChristine

#83 Post by KaylaChristine »

The total cost of mine are $7,500. My dental insurance will be paying $1,000. I had to pay a $1,000 down payment and will be paying $200/mo. for 27 months and a final payment of $100.
Braced on October 14, 2014.
Lefort I and vertical ramus osteotomy: June 15, 2015
Braces to be removed January 5, 2017.

tammyd2

#84 Post by tammyd2 »

Here in SA they cost about R25 000, invisilign is double the price but luckily I didn't qualify for that due to the severity of my teeth.
This is why I left my teeth for so long, I couldn't afford it.
30 year old from Cape Town, South Africa.
Read my story: http://myreason2smile.wordpress.com

adorkable8605

#85 Post by adorkable8605 »

Full ceramic uppers and bottoms at $4,700. My insurance covers $1,500, so my out of pocket is $3,200 (as long as I keep my insurance). I'm considering lower jaw surgery to correct my overbite, so as long as my insurance approves the procedure, I'll be looking at an additional max of $5,000.

NikGoss357

#86 Post by NikGoss357 »

Full metal on upper and lower, In-Ovation system, sentence 20 months. My total quote was $5500, my insurance paid $2000 and I got like a $1500 discount for something else.. Initial down payment was $128 and my payments are $110 a month. I think I ended up being responsible for $2000. Figured that wasn't to bad. That includes everything, x-rays, spacers, retainer.

InDueCourse

#87 Post by InDueCourse »

To the orthodontist, $6200 so far. That includes a Carriere Distalizer, Damon braces (clear uppers), electric toothbrush and waterpik.

Another $2000 went to the oral surgeon.

I don't even want to know how much the implant will cost for my missing canine. I'm sure that will come with a sinus lift.

I just keep telling myself that I wouldn't flinch to spend this much on a car, and that is a depreciating asset that lasts 15 years at the most. Theoretically I'll keep my teeth for life.

Loopyman76

#88 Post by Loopyman76 »

Had my first consultation yesterday at the orthodontist my general dentist referred me to.

Was quoted $5,850 for traditional metal self-ligating braces for 18 months of treatment. Ceramics are an additional $300 per arch. I'm leaning towards ceramic uppers and metal lowers, which would make the total $6,150. My insurance covers $1,500 AND gives an additional $800 discount - so a total of $2,300 off with insurance. This ortho requires at least 20% down (which would be $890), so the total leftover would be $3,550 at $148 per month for 18 months. I do plan on putting more than 20% down soy payments will be lower.

That's pretty much in line with most orthos in my area. I do have another consultation in a couple of weeks with Gentle Dental, and I've been told they tend to run cheaper (a coworker is paying $5,000 for her daughter's braces there), but the first ortho was great and made a VERY GOOD first impression on me, so I'll likely go with her.

P.S. Lingual braces are insanely expensive! I didn't want them anyway, but they would be an additional $2,800 bucks. YIKES!

clockworkprince

#89 Post by clockworkprince »

Around $4000

tatty

#90 Post by tatty »

Wow, it seems theres a gigantic price range for braces. I thought the places I've been to were over charging me! I haven't gotten my braces on yet but I've visited a couple of orthodontists.

1st orthodontist quoted me a little over $5200 (if paid in full) for top and bottom braces. If I did a in-office monthly plan, it was a little over $5500.

2nd orthodontist quoted me around $5900 for top and bottom braces. But I was referred by a friend so they gave me a 5% discount, dropping the price to about $5,600. Plus, at this time, my dental insurance changed to a different company so I am covered for $1000 in 8 payments and also any study models/xrays I may need. I also asked the office to give me the option of paying in full and they gave me another 5% discount dropping it to $5,300 without insurance. $4300 with insurance.