Near Completion - Shaping Teeth

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

MrsCharisma

Near Completion - Shaping Teeth

#1 Post by MrsCharisma »

I know that we can be the most critical of ourselves - bleh.

I have always loved my teeth in a general sense...even with the large gap. But I've gotten really great results from braces and am looking at removal in about 6 weeks. My 2 front teeth are very slightly uneven and one is smooth while one has ridges - he will smooth them both out.

But I have to think about whether or not I want anything else done. I think my canines are too pointy and too long but I don't know if I'm being silly/nitpicky :oops:
October 2014.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 13&t=45175

Female, 34
Braced: 1/24/13 (upper) and 5/3/13 (lower)
Sentence: 18-24 months
Ceramic uppers, metal lowers

[/url]

mapleleafman888

Re: Near Completion - Shaping Teeth

#2 Post by mapleleafman888 »

I can relate with you at this point, also am nearing completion and am wondering if I'm being too picky as well.

Your teeth look great, and the shape is what makes them unique...however if you want something changed, hey, it's your teeth!
My story:http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=45354
Upper and Lower Damon Braces for 18 months!
I met 46 braceface adults when I had braces myself!

Siobhan

#3 Post by Siobhan »

Agreed, I think your teeth look absolutely great. You should do whatever makes you happy, though. I'm just jealous that you have two canines. Still waiting for one of mine to make its way down.

Anna5

#4 Post by Anna5 »

WOW, your teeth look so beautiful!!!

I think the shape of your teeth is great too, but definitely do what feels best for you. Maybe your ortho can do some shaving after the braces come off? I think this can help a lot. Good luck with the last bit of your treatment!

KaylaChristine

#5 Post by KaylaChristine »

Your teeth look amazing! As far as the canines go, they look fine---but if you want them shaped a little bit I'd say go for it.
Braced on October 14, 2014.
Lefort I and vertical ramus osteotomy: June 15, 2015
Braces to be removed January 5, 2017.

Loopyman76

#6 Post by Loopyman76 »

Congrats! Your teeth look AWESOME!

I feel you on the canines. Yours don't look bad at all, but I feel you because mine look like inverted triangles and I definitely want something done about it. I forgot to ask the ortho at my consultation yesterday but I'll bring it up in a couple of weeks when I go for records.

Congrats again on your amazing progress! :-)

MrsCharisma

#7 Post by MrsCharisma »

Aww thanks everyone!! I'm going to ask him what he thinks. He only mentioned smoothing out the jagged incisor.

Female, 34

[/url]

KatrinkaNoir

#8 Post by KatrinkaNoir »

I think your teeth look beautiful, but am I'm getting near the end, I wonder about certain things. However, at my last appt they took the wire off and my teeth looked great! It's like the wire made things look less perfect. Maybe if you want they could let you see your teeth without the wire if they haven't already. Congratulations on nearing the end.

clockworkprince

#9 Post by clockworkprince »

Looks beautiful!

beckyboo0205

#10 Post by beckyboo0205 »

Yay. I am getting debraced in 5 weeks! Just like everyone else i think they look great! While the canines are pointy they kkis very symmetrical which is good.

Matilda

#11 Post by Matilda »

If I were you, I'd only smooth out the upper central incisors. Btw, your teeth look fantastic!

Anna5

#12 Post by Anna5 »

Your teeth look so beautiful, congratulations!!! If I were you, I wouldn't do anything, but do what makes you happy!

MrsCharisma

#13 Post by MrsCharisma »

Aww, thanks :)

I think you're right re: the centrals.

I go back next Monday to have my permanent retainer bonded. It seems surreal that it's almost over!

Female, 34

[/url]

Lorianne

#14 Post by Lorianne »

Mrs C, yes, do it! You'll love your teeth even more without pointy canines. I had mine done too, at my dentists suggestion, many years ago and instantly liked it better, even though before that, I had never given it a thought.

plugnickel69

#15 Post by plugnickel69 »

Wait until they take the brackets off and then decide. If you're not sure at that time, don't do it then. It could be done at any time and if you're not happy with the result you're not going to want to go through the process and expense of going back to the way they are.