Wowee! Teal Blue Powerchains (pic)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

marcTO

Re: Love it!!!

#16 Post by marcTO »

HollyDontSpend wrote:That is the coolest color I have ever seen, since it's the only color I have ever seen other than the smoke color I always get. In fact, I don't think they ever asked me if I wanted another color. I'm so jealous!!! Too late now! I think I'll show my sister. She'll be excited to know about more colors. :wink:
your sister has braces too??
Top and Bottom Braces Full Ceramic
----------------------------------------------

privatepilot

Power Chains

#17 Post by privatepilot »

Can somebody tell me what they do and when in treatment do you get them?
It's all about ME!

Braces went on 8/25/05. Div II whatever that means!!

http://www.TickerFactory.com/

fins

#18 Post by fins »

privatepilot- Mine are for closing gaps. I am on my third set, the first hurt like hell, the second didn't at all, and the third hurt but not as much as the first ones. I got mine same day as being braced, lucky me :shock: I think it was harder to cope with all that initial pain but I'm glad I got them. Once the pain goes you don't even know they are there. They have probably closed 2mm in a little over a month for me.
fins

privatepilot

Power Chains

#19 Post by privatepilot »

Thanks for the info. I am having teeth pulled so I bet I'll have these too.
It's all about ME!

Braces went on 8/25/05. Div II whatever that means!!

http://www.TickerFactory.com/

SuzyCentri

#20 Post by SuzyCentri »

Hey THANKS everybody! Like I said, I'm still a little surprised when I look in the mirror and see them. I mean, how could you miss them?!? But I like them.

Lynn, thanks for doing that whole resize thing. You're the best!

Privatepilot, the powerchains, in my case, are for rotating teeth. This is what he did and why:
Powerchained top left 5 to 6 (which is my 2nd premolar to my 1st molar) to pull them together to make some space for my left 3 (canine) to rotate. My top left 4, he just has a lig on (it's teal blue also). Maybe to let it float? I don't know. Then he powerchained my left 3 (canine) all the way around to my right 6. This is to rotate my left canine. Last month, he powerchained my left three around to my right 3, to rotate both canines. The right canine did great, but the left had a little rotating left to do, and there wasn't (maybe?), enough space to get it flush. None of my 7 teeth (2nd molars) are bracketed, top or bottom.

On my bottom (teeth, I mean! :wink: ), he powerchained my left 1 (front bottom center) around to my left 6. And my right 1 around to my right 6. My front bottom teeth are scrunched together, and folding inward, so he is rotating them out, to be flush with each other.

Yes, it's painful. But, I am seeing serious movement, so you have to just wait it out. This is day 3 for me, and I'm better. The first night was the worse. It stormed here last night, so I didn't get much "catch up" sleep. Looking forward to the weekend. Then I can take some liquid painkiller. :lol: Yeah, baby! I am going to drink my newest favorite, called a Jolly Rancher. Cranberry Juice, Peach Schnapps, and Apple Pucker. Not for those of you with clear or white ligs. Just trust me on this one!

Hollydontspend, my ortho said he has every color of powerchain that he has in a lig--there's like a keychain with about 25 colors. They have more adult patients than kids, and I think the adults get a little bold with the colors. Everyone came over to ask what color I was getting. They seem to thrive on making pretty combinations. As a matter of fact, the first time I got colored ligs (last month), I didn't know what color to get. So she put 2 different colors on and let me pick. Then she removed the color I didn't like and replaced it with the other color. I talked to a teenager (my daughter's friend) the other day that says her ortho limits them to a max of 2 colors at a time. That's just wrong. I love that rainbow look, but that would be tough to achieve with powerchains. Tie dyed Powerchains. Someone run with that--you'll be a millionaire!

Again, thanks for your comments! Maybe next month I'll get 2 different colors of powerchains! My daughters, being teenagers, are trying to convince their boyfriends that aqua-purple is a color. Teenage boys are so gullible. Ah, the power of hormones! So perhaps I'll go with aqua and purple. I'll keep you posted!!!
Upper ceramics on 6/21/05 (on, off, on)
Lower metals on 7/23/05
-
Suzy
3 teenagers, 2 dogs, 2 cats, 2 goats, 3 chickens, 1 guinea, and 3 guinea pigs...
what more could a girl want???

hannah164

#21 Post by hannah164 »

Omg! I love that color! Just curious but what would you call that color so I can ask my ortho for it next time!
Good Luck with the rest of your treatment! You're looking good!

-Hannah :frogbraces:

megan_in_pink

#22 Post by megan_in_pink »

so cool i love them....i wish mine had that color

mtbrncofn

#23 Post by mtbrncofn »

I wanted the aqua color this summer, but to my dismay my ortho had no aqua! The closest they have is teal. Now that I see how cool they look, I'm extra bummed!
Full upper and lower metal braces put on May 12, 2005.

Braces free as of April 18, 2006!

Temporarily rebraced Nov. 21, 2006. ( I think I've moved past temporary. )

Brace free again - July 26, 2007.

SuzyCentri

#24 Post by SuzyCentri »

It's called "Teal Blue". They had Aqua, too, but it was lighter. Last month I had Lavender, but once they put in on my teeth, it had stretched so much that it didn't show much color. So I went with a darker shade this month, and picked "Teal".
Upper ceramics on 6/21/05 (on, off, on)
Lower metals on 7/23/05
-
Suzy
3 teenagers, 2 dogs, 2 cats, 2 goats, 3 chickens, 1 guinea, and 3 guinea pigs...
what more could a girl want???

LiveWire

Verry Cool!

#25 Post by LiveWire »

That colour rocks!! :lol: It really looks great with the ceramic brackets....aqua and purple sound pretty cool too! I certainly will be picking teal as one of my favourites!

Thanks for showing me how great it looks! :D

Enjoy life to the fullest and take chances! :0)

mtbrncofn

#26 Post by mtbrncofn »

SuzyCentri wrote:It's called "Teal Blue". They had Aqua, too, but it was lighter. Last month I had Lavender, but once they put in on my teeth, it had stretched so much that it didn't show much color. So I went with a darker shade this month, and picked "Teal".
Hmm, that's interesting. Thanks for sharing Suzy.
Full upper and lower metal braces put on May 12, 2005.

Braces free as of April 18, 2006!

Temporarily rebraced Nov. 21, 2006. ( I think I've moved past temporary. )

Brace free again - July 26, 2007.

Brodie

#27 Post by Brodie »

Wow Nice!!! I get those in about a month! Love the color though!!

HollyDontSpend

Re: Love it!!!

#28 Post by HollyDontSpend »

your sister has braces too??[/quote]

Yep. She got them the day before me.

You know what KK? I think I amy vaguely remember my ortho asking if I wanted another color on my powerchains last October, but I am not sure. Oh well. Like I said, I'll tell my sister, so she can enjoy. :D
Damon 2's for 18 months, removed 11/03/05

metal mouth

#29 Post by metal mouth »

Lexy,
what color ligs do you have on your avatar????? It looks like clear.. . If it is, do you like the clear?
Harley Momma with Metal :-)
[/url]