Got braces this morning!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

saphiry

Got braces this morning!

#1 Post by saphiry »

So I did it- I finally got braces again.. with 27 years! Well, for now just on the lower teeth, upper teeth follow in a week. On the lower teeth I got ceramic braces, which are actually more visible than I was hoping for. In a picture you don't see them that much, but in front of the mirror it's very obvious when I show all of my teeth. Fortunately, most of the time my lip is covering the lower teeth.

On the upper teeth I will get lingual braces. My doctor told me that the ceramic braces will work faster, but I just didn't like the idea of wearing braces on my upper teeth again. I had braces as a child for around two years and barely wore my retainer, so I don't wanna go through the same thing again. I was told that my lower teeth would be done in 6-8 months time (due to the ceramic braces) and the upper teeth in around 12 months.

I was first thinking to get lingual braces too on the lower teeth but I was too scared to get a lisp (although I guess that can/will happen too with my upper teeth). I also considered Invisalign but I just heard too many times that it doesn't work as well as normal braces in many cases.

For now I don't have any pain, well, it's only been an hour now. I already bought painkillers just in case :) But the braces feel huge in my mouth, I feel even that from the outside my mouth just looks weird. Hopefully I will get used to that soon!

tg82

Re: Got braces this morning!

#2 Post by tg82 »

Ceramics are a bit thicker in nature - I have them on my upper teeth. After a while you don't feel them.

stephcsun

#3 Post by stephcsun »

I wish I had gone with linguistics, but the places I went to didn't offer them =/ ...So I ended up with ceramics on both top and bottom

djspeece

#4 Post by djspeece »

Congratulations!
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying

killou

#5 Post by killou »

congratulations !