Missing teeth and braces

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

killou

Missing teeth and braces

#1 Post by killou »

Hello my name is Isabelle, I am new to this forum and I am french so excuse my english...

I am 30 years old and I have been thinking about getting braces sinces so long I don't even remember.
My main issue is that I have a missing front teeth and I am now wearing a fake front tooth (the type that you take out to wash your teeth, I don't know the name in english) but as soon as I can I will ask my dentist for an implant. I want my teeth straight before the implant.

The problem is that I don't know if I can have braces with a fake front teeth because there is no way that I stay without a teeth during the treatment.

I wish that I can find help on this forum and maybe someone that went throught the same thing.

lana23

Re: Missing teeth and braces

#2 Post by lana23 »

Hi Isabelle, I'm no expert but I think it is possible to get braces with the missing teeth; but the fake front tooth would have to be removed because there's no way the braces will be able to be secure and bonded on false teeth.

djspeece

#3 Post by djspeece »

That's an excellent question to pose to an orthodontist. Perhaps he/she would just avoid applying brackets to the front teeth, or some other creative approach. Best of luck to you!
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying

killou

#4 Post by killou »

Thanks for the answers, I have an appointment in three weeks from now, wait and see.

Nozzelnut

#5 Post by Nozzelnut »

If I remember correctly braces can't move implants so waiting until orthodontic treatment is completed is correct. I've also seen a fake tooth bonded to a bracket and positioned in the empty space. Purely for looks and not function.
Round 3 (lifetime) Damon stainless applied 3/16/20 (after 4 weeks attempting invisalign) On for about 18 months
Night time elastics with invisalign retainers; still...
Double jaw surgery was 6/18/15...
Orthodontics never really ends...
I'm emphatically against extraction orthodontics!

altesse7

#6 Post by altesse7 »

Hi. I have a missing tooth, on my front, bottom, incisors. When I had my consultation, I could choose between, either having an implant or, just closing the gap, whe her lost toothe was. I didn't go for the implant. But, he explained to me, that he would make space for the implant. Meaning an u braces spot, there, where there is no tooth. Then, implant, when, braces adjusted around implant.
May 6,2013- Traditional Braces applied
To upper and lower
Length of treatment- 18-24 months
No more Elastics, as of 10/20/14
Horse Lover