Might be braced tomorrow

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

bajanrose

Might be braced tomorrow

#1 Post by bajanrose »

Hey all! I've been around a while, reading up on the new ones and on peoples progresses. Tomorrow I go in maybe to finally get my upper braces. So far I've had a TPA and brackets on my back molars. Hopefully tomorrow I finally get braced!
TPA (July 27th 05 - Feb 28th 06)7 months 1 day!
Nance (March 1st - Jan 31st 07)

After a total of 22 months and 12 days, I am braces free!

LiveWire

Hello Bajanrose!

#2 Post by LiveWire »

Good luck on getting your braces tomorrw....it will be a new thing for you...and very exciting.. :D

I am getting braced this week as well...upper ceramics on the 28th, but my question is about the molar bands and tps...how has that been for you? One week after I get my uppers I am getting the molar bands and tpa and just wondering how sore it makes you as well as how it affects your speech.

Any advice? :)

Enjoy life to the fullest and take chances! :0)

BraceUrself

#3 Post by BraceUrself »

Congrats & good luck-our thoughts will be with you-keep us posted on your progress!
Spacers-9-19-05
Top Braced-10-03-05
lowers on-10-17-05
appliance installed in mouth 10-17-05
2 extractions on 8-3-06
2 years treatment time

Dr says I won't finish on time

bajanrose

Re: Hello Bajanrose!

#4 Post by bajanrose »

LiveWire wrote:Good luck on getting your braces tomorrw....it will be a new thing for you...and very exciting.. :D

I am getting braced this week as well...upper ceramics on the 28th, but my question is about the molar bands and tps...how has that been for you? One week after I get my uppers I am getting the molar bands and tpa and just wondering how sore it makes you as well as how it affects your speech.

Any advice? :)
Actually I've had no problem with the TPA and the bands, one of the assistants said that I would experience pain and to take whatever painkiller I usually use, but I've never had any pain or discomfort with them, I found that the TPA made me slur a little but I got that under control quickly. Other than that haven't had any problems with them. Hopefully you don't have problems with them as well!

I'm excited about tomorrow, hoping after 2 months that I'll finally get the upper braces.

LiveWire

Hi Bajanrose

#5 Post by LiveWire »

Thanks for replying to my post...I appreciate the information and it makes me feel better about the idea. Some of the info that I have read has scared me a bit :shock: because I have read that your tongue gets really sore and the bands can chew up the insides of your mouth if they are not filed properly...

Thanks so much! :)

Enjoy life to the fullest and take chances! :0)

bajanrose

#6 Post by bajanrose »

Well no braces for me this visit, the ortho just checked me and made my sectionals longer to move the teeth back some more, I'll be going for a check again in 2 months! If my teeth have moved back enough then I get the rest of my braces. The longer sectionals are a bit uncomfortable but they'll move those molars back some more, got some wax this time around because the wire is poking the inside of my cheek a bit.
Now we'll wait and see.