Greetings I'm a newbie

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Al Carter

Greetings I'm a newbie

#1 Post by Al Carter »

Hi:

Last Tuesday I had two teeth extracted and braces put on. I have an overbite and hope to lessen it's affect through braces. I hate photographs of myself and hate my overbite so I'm hoping for great things. I'm worried that I'm hoping for too great things.

I'm 38 married woman - call this my mid-life crisis.

When I went to get my braces on, the orthodontist who had been seeing me through the consult and the spacers was not there and a new ortho who I'd never seen before was preparing to put on the braces - I freaked out. I was so annoyed they never told me it would be someone different. I had a mini melt down and then recovered. The original ortho called me that night from FLORIDA! He was on vacation - I was annoyed but there was nothing I could do.

Well at least I've established myself as high maintenance and neurotic : )

My mouth is still sore but not overly so - I miss crunching and chewing and have lost 3lbs this week.

I am nervous and am due to go back in next week for a bar to keep the back teeth from moving forward - I imagine more pain will ensue.

Anyway - this is a GREAT forum and I look forward to sharing your journeys and talking about mine.
Work to live
Live to bike
Bike to work

LoobyLou

#2 Post by LoobyLou »

Welcome aboard...look forward to hearing your stories and experiences also!!
:-1
LoobyLou

x
Braced: 22nd April 2005
Type of brace: Damon 3 uppers and lowers
Estimated brace time: 18 months - now extended to approx 22 months

*Latest - now I have no idea how long it will be!*

LiveWire

Welcome Al!

#3 Post by LiveWire »

Hello and welcome to one of the greatest places to sit and chat with many new friends...I am sure that you will find this forum very helpful and reassuring when you have questions, need advice or just need to vent! :lol:

Enjoy life to the fullest and take chances! :0)

Geri

#4 Post by Geri »

Hi Al Carter - nice to meet you! :D Looking forward to sharing the journey with you!
Music in the soul can be heard by the universe
Upper ceramics: 3 Oct 2005, Lower metals: 1 Nov 2005
Estimated treatment time: 18-24 months
Braces remove: April 4, 2007!

Al Carter

#5 Post by Al Carter »

Thansk for the welcome.

So far so good with the braces - I've had minimal pain or discomfort so have nothing much to report except that Iam still loosing weight from cutting out bread, chips and other chewy munchy things from my diet.

Because I now have to think about what I put in my mouth, I no longer snack.

To everything there is a bright side!
Work to live
Live to bike
Bike to work