How much is it for impressions/molds?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

S_Ranger

How much is it for impressions/molds?

#1 Post by S_Ranger »

Just wondering how much impressions are to get braces.

jimmy18

#2 Post by jimmy18 »

I think that they are covered by the ortho. At least mine were. My ortho took x-rays and did the molds even before I had decieded to go with him for treatment.

Dawn

#3 Post by Dawn »

Though my first visit for the exam and consult were free, I did have to pay $225 for the next step of xrays, impressions, etc...

alexa

#4 Post by alexa »

It was covered in the cost of my treatment plan.
Spacers: 1/26/05; 2/6/06; 3/15/06; 4/24/06
4 First Bicuspids removed: 2/2005
Metal Braces, top and bottom: 3/1/05; Debanded 7/26/07
Hawley retainers top and bottom

geekgirl

#5 Post by geekgirl »

For me, the consult was free, but I had to pay for xrays and impressions at my next visit. I think the price depends on the ortho. At the first office i visited, xrays and impressions cost $300 CDN. At the 2nd ortho, they were $450 CDN.
Waiting for life to settle down a bit before committing to 3 years of braces, lower jaw surgery, crowns and some whitening.

LiveWire

Hello S Ranger

#6 Post by LiveWire »

For some of the consults I went to it was included in the price...but a couple of them it was extra...varied from $200 to $375 depending on which one I would choose... i chose the $275 one...and some of it was covered under regular dental coverage (something like..$105.00) or so and the rest was covered under orthodontic coverage....

That is all in Canadian dollars..

Hope that helps! :)

Enjoy life to the fullest and take chances! :0)

S_Ranger

#7 Post by S_Ranger »

Got the impressions done free of charge. I've known the orth for about 2 years so maybe that helped. ;) I get braces put on the 11th of October. Next week I'm gonna get that ticker bar all of you use. 8)