Stained elastic bands

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

skrduncan

Stained elastic bands

#1 Post by skrduncan »

I have ceramic braces and although I use wax daily to help fight elastic staining, the bands still look gruesome after 6-8 weeks. My ortho's office will put new elastics on in between treatments if you have a special ocassion, but generally, you just wait it out. Here's my question:I asked the assistant on my last visit if I could have extra elastics to put on when mine start to get stained. She said that it's best if THEY put my elastics on since they're professionals, etc. I didn't push the issue, but I know how to put on elastics. Mine have come off a few times and I just take my Tweezerman's and pop them back on. I welcome input from professionals out there, too, on this. Would it really be a big deal to get 4 or 5 extra elastics to keep on hand in between adjustments? To me, it makes a big difference to have nice white edges around ceramics. Thanks to any and all...

Rebraced

#2 Post by Rebraced »

skrduncan, that was my concern when I got my braces last week. I have clear brackets also and my ortho did wire ties instead of ligs so they won't stain. The only thing is that wire ties are more time consuming for the orth to put on as opposed to regular ligs. My ortho didn't seem to mind as long as I was happy with the way they looked.

You might want to ask them to use wire ties and your problems will be history. Mine are hardly noticable since I am able to keep them real clean. I hope this helps.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
Braced on 9/20/05 Top and Bottom
Clear brackets with wire ties

Chr1ssy711

#3 Post by Chr1ssy711 »

Well i had the same problem plus mine kept popping off

view my post and resolution

here on another threadviewtopic.php?t=5795&highlight=
Chrissy, 20
ceramic Braces
http://www.myspace.com/chr1ssy711Myspace
http://www.chrissytina.comMy Photo site

skrduncan

stained elastics

#4 Post by skrduncan »

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone. I think I will pop one of mine off and measure it so I can order lots from jawproducts. I will also ask my ortho about other alternatives to using elastics.
skr :D

TaraM971

#5 Post by TaraM971 »

See if your ortho has white wire ties, thats what i have and i love them. now the only staining i have to worry about is my powerchain (it turns green after awhile!) ugh.
*Never frown, you never know who's falling in love with your smile* Ü

Braces on: October 19,2004
Braces off: August 7, 2006

londongirl

#6 Post by londongirl »

Guess I'm lucky?
I get mine changed at every appointment.

Oh ya, and if I go home and don't like the color after a day or two, I can go back in and they'll change them again for me!
Kris

[/url]