Kissing

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Chr1ssy711

#16 Post by Chr1ssy711 »

I find kissing not a whole lot different just really aggressive sexual kissing and hurt me usually. ill hit my bottom lip on my brackets... but kissing isnt the issue.

other oral type stimulation is too scary. if you get what i mean
Not because of the brackets but i have on my molars the metal rings i guess or whatever all the way around the tooth, and on the inside i have hooks for elastics to go on to my tooth right behind my k9 tooth (on each side) that is hooked to another hook in order to spin those teeth around....i know confusing but anyways they are sharp for me and my tounge i dont know what it would do to my boyfriend's prized possesion!

i would be terrified if i hurt him.... :oops: So he will have to do without that for a year...but we'll handle

i guess that means a lot more regular kissing!!
Chrissy, 20
ceramic Braces
http://www.myspace.com/chr1ssy711Myspace
http://www.chrissytina.comMy Photo site

TheSilverSmileChileno

#17 Post by TheSilverSmileChileno »

haha this has become a pretty cool thread, hehehe

anybody else have more experiences?

me
Spacers-7-27-05
Full Braces on-8-15-05
I luv my braces...

geekgirl

#18 Post by geekgirl »

Not yet... the other 'oral situation' is actually been one of my main concerns about starting this whole process. I'm completely paranoid about what sort of hardware they're going to put in the inside of my teeth, because there's no way I can expect any sort of significant other (current or otherwise... who knows with a 3+ year sentence) to go that long without. :shock:

I know I'm already going to be getting a bite plate, attached to molar bands and with the wire in my top arch. Please, somebody tell me that it won't get in the way, because it's going to be there the entire time!

BTW, there is a section of the main archwired website regarding this topic as well, in case you missed it.
Waiting for life to settle down a bit before committing to 3 years of braces, lower jaw surgery, crowns and some whitening.

tklein22000

#19 Post by tklein22000 »

I don't think kissing with braces is a big problem. I've kissed a girl with braces and it was ok. But when she had attached some elastics inside, then my tongue contacted these. But you won't die :D

spragers

#20 Post by spragers »

This topic has been discussed before, but here's my $.02:

If you're still feeling adventurous enough to go for it w/ braces, don't watch "the 40 year old virgin" - nasty terrifying braces scene (if you're a guy, anyways LOL)

If the, er, mouth is "off limits," I'm sure you can think of plenty of other ways to... well... you know, reach the same conslusion :wink:

As for kissing... had my first kiss in braces tonight (long dry spell, don't ask :? ) and while it's wasn't all that much, I didn't even notice my braces. She didn't yell or slap me so I assume she didn't notice them either :D

TheSilverSmileChileno

#21 Post by TheSilverSmileChileno »

spragers wrote:This topic has been discussed before, but here's my $.02:

If you're still feeling adventurous enough to go for it w/ braces, don't watch "the 40 year old virgin" - nasty terrifying braces scene (if you're a guy, anyways LOL)

If the, er, mouth is "off limits," I'm sure you can think of plenty of other ways to... well... you know, reach the same conslusion :wink:

As for kissing... had my first kiss in braces tonight (long dry spell, don't ask :? ) and while it's wasn't all that much, I didn't even notice my braces. She didn't yell or slap me so I assume she didn't notice them either :D
hahha

my girl asked..." Did something hurt?"

i said no, and i kisssed her again...
Spacers-7-27-05
Full Braces on-8-15-05
I luv my braces...

amychelle

Thanks

#22 Post by amychelle »

I just wanted to thank everyone for all the input (and for keeping it relativly clean).

I only have top braces and there are no other "attachments" except for my spacer spring on my left canine. I've caught my lip in it before and it hurts like the :evil: . I'm sure I'd know if he got his lip caught in it.

I didn't even think about the expanders. That might be a different with what has been come to be called the "oral issue."

I'm less conscience of them now. I've had them a little over a month and it is less of an issue now. And hey, with all the practice I've had :wink:

:P

Happy Kissing Everyone

tklein22000

#23 Post by tklein22000 »

Who of xou thinks kissing with braces is better than kissing without braces?

tklein22000

#24 Post by tklein22000 »

Did someone other make experiences in kissing with braces?

fenderella

#25 Post by fenderella »

Kissing hasn't been as big a problem as the "other" issue.
My bf tells me that when he kisses me he can SOMETIMES feel my braces, but it hasn't really changed how much we kiss. I feel a bit apprehensive with the aggresive kissing though. I can't do it long because then the top brackets cut my top lip...how sexy!
I'm still getting used to it, and my bf has a good sense of humor about it. Sometimes I'll kiss him and then he'll say, "Ok, now kiss me without the braces!" LOL! And I try again :lol:

And as Spragers suggested...yes, there are 'other' ways to um...please...without using the mouth. I must say, though...I'm going to get carpal tunnel! :lol:

Seriously though...it takes practice. The last time I did it, he said he didn't feel much that time. It's all in the technique! Practice makes perfect! LOL! And I doubt he'll complain much!

"Some of the worst mistakes of my life have been haircuts. "
Jim Morrison

bub1958

#26 Post by bub1958 »

No problem with kissing. Although it had been a while since I kissed someone other than a peck on the cheek. But , last night I found out that it is no problem and is still as enjoyable as the faint memory I have of kissing someone a couple of years ago. Even if was difficult or painfull , I suppose that I would have to deal with it. There ain't anything better than kissing someone that you really care for. Braces or not , I can't wait till she and I go out again. Sort Of makes this 47 year old feel like a teenager again. Bret :heart:

eoberhauser

#27 Post by eoberhauser »

I like the fact that this is an adult site so we can reasonably discuss these things! I have been with my boyfriend for almost 8 years. Kissing has actually been the weirdest thing for me, but it doesn't bother him at all. I was braced on Weds 11/30. As for the "other" kissing - someone mentioned wrapping your lips around your braces and that's exactly what I do. Another tip - just go really slowly and take your time. My guy likes that better anyway. Keep in mind that there's more to it than just the actual act itself. Just like girls, I think guys like some extra attention too. Be creative, your guy will thank you!

Pixie

#28 Post by Pixie »

My boyfriend and I both have braces (with the same ortho too-- and even matching appointments for convenience... how sickeningly cute, eh?) and the only problem that we have is sometimes when we make out, either my upper lip will get caught between both our braces or his will.

Usually it's just responded by an, "ow!" and a quick pause, and then we get back down to business. No pain no gain, right? ;)

nvcarissa

#29 Post by nvcarissa »

And as Spragers suggested...yes, there are 'other' ways to um...please...without using the mouth. I must say, though...I'm going to get carpal tunnel!
Okay, I am going to get a bit graphic here. Think of an ice cream cone and realize that the place of most intense sensation is *ahem* the ice cream. Things can be done with your tongue that does not require full mouth engagement. Have fun!

Braced 5/11/05, BSSO with advancement 6/21/06, Debanded: 8/1/07. Click on www for my braces story.

butterfly

#30 Post by butterfly »

Haha this thread is great! Image

I might add... If you don't have molar bands the inside of your teeth is completely smooth. If you cover your brace with the lips it won't damage the ice cream! ... ImageImage
Nov 2 05 braced, 1/1/07 debanded & got positioner