1st Post

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

AbbsMT

1st Post

#1 Post by AbbsMT »

Hi everyone!

I've just registered, and I needed to make a post so my account doesn't get deleted. :)
So here's a little backstory:
I got braces about 7 months ago, because I have a massive gap in between my front teeth, and got elastics about 6 months ago for my overbite. None of this hurt for me, even though when I was reading other people's posts, they all said it hurt a lot. Then about a month ago I got a power chain. I had read that this hurts a lot, and makes really quick progress. None of that happened to me so I was really confused. And here I am now, still confused xD. Does anyone know why?

Tyrantblade

Re: 1st Post

#2 Post by Tyrantblade »

Everybody will have a slightly different experience and if you haven't noticed any pain at all it will probably come in due time

At first i had no pain either, but then i started having a medium amount of pain at random all ovrr my mouth

So i guess enjoy painlessness while you have it snd as long as things are progressing i wouldn't be worried
Lots of crimes here

1. The upper molars bite too far ahead of the lower molars

2. Missing teeth #s 9, 14, and, 29

3. Open bite

4. Upper midline left of center

5. Lower midline right of center

6. Upper and lower teeth not straight

Sentence - 24 months, turned to 27 month.

Braces removed since 11/06/17

metalliKa

#3 Post by metalliKa »

Everyone has a different level of pain tolerance. Just as long as your ortho says you're progressing along, be happy!
Offenses: Skeletal and Dental Class 2 malocclusion
Sentence: 12-15 months
Jailed: 3/24/15
Released: 5/24/16
Life behind brackets: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=48554

AbbsMT

#4 Post by AbbsMT »

Ok thanks! :D

djspeece

#5 Post by djspeece »

Confused and painless is a good thing! I didn't really have a lot of pain either. In fact, the tech used to warn me of the terrible pain I would be feeling when powerchains were added, and with every other device that was applied, and I think she was a little disappointed when I would report that I had little pain. I think at one point I taunted her a little bit when I said "Well just bring it." The lack of pain does not indicate the lack of progress. When I did have any discomfort, I adapted the "No pain, no gain" mentality. Best of luck to you and welcome to the forum!
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying