Midline correction stories anyone? I'm fed up!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

LoobyLou

Midline correction stories anyone? I'm fed up!

#1 Post by LoobyLou »

Hi!

Righty I'm in need of some encouragment about midlines. Mine is so skew-wiffy it's really bothering me and as I think I've mentioned before my ortho didn't seem too convincing that he was going to definitely fix it. But it's awful!

Can anyone explain to me how theirs was fixed? Is it only with elastics and can you have them with Damon 3s?

It's about half to three-quarters of a tooth off and I need to hear someone's positive experience to make me feel better. It's been nearly 6 months and no improvement on that score yet!

Sorry for the whinge!
:-+
LoobyLou x
Braced: 22nd April 2005
Type of brace: Damon 3 uppers and lowers
Estimated brace time: 18 months - now extended to approx 22 months

*Latest - now I have no idea how long it will be!*

Nikkiekoala

#2 Post by Nikkiekoala »

You may be worrying prematurely. You are only 6 months into treatment with an estimated 18 month treatment plan. There may be other things that need attention/moving before getting the midline where it should be. Be patient......

Braced Aug. 11th 2005
Damon 3's
Crowding
Crossbite
**My Website: http://nikkiekoala.efx2blogs.com/

strugglebuggy

#3 Post by strugglebuggy »

yeah, I'm about 8 months in and they just started to work on the midline. my overbite needed to be fixed a little before they could start on the midline. :)

Evelyn

#4 Post by Evelyn »

I've had mine for 37 months now and my midline's been off for about 12, I've got about four months left and they've only just started working on it. Just to give you an idea, as someone else said, don't worry prematurely.

btw, I love that word, skew-iffy! Hehe I'm going to be saying it all day now...

Eve
Braced September 9, 2002
Debanding: JULY 5!!!!!!!!