Bad taste back of throat day 33 post op double jaw surgery!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

King6james2

Bad taste back of throat day 33 post op double jaw surgery!

#1 Post by King6james2 »

Hi guys, I am on day 33 post op double jaw surgery. About 1 1/2 weeks ago i notice a really bad taste in the back of my throat and also bad smell coming out of my nose, I dont have any sore throat or anything but also felt mucus at the bacm of my throat. Is anyone else experiencing this? Im really concern im not sure whats happening!

djspeece

Re: Bad taste back of throat day 33 post op double jaw surgery!

#2 Post by djspeece »

Have you taken your temperature to check for fever? Swollen glands in your neck and/or under your jaw? Do you still have your tonsils? It's fairly hard to tell what is going on without an examination. I would recommend that you check in with your orthodontist/oral surgeon just to make sure you aren't developing an abscess. Best of luck to you.
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying

katienorah

Re: Bad taste back of throat day 33 post op double jaw surgery!

#3 Post by katienorah »

Probably not helpful but I am 2 weeks post extraction (2 top bicuspids) and every so often I get a super gross taste in my mouth. Dentist and Dr said my sites look good and as long as there is no fever or swollen glands it's pretty normal. I hope it resolves on its own. Good luck!!