compliments

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jay.tee.

compliments

#1 Post by jay.tee. »

have you ever been complimented for wearing braces? like positive compliments...like the day after i got braces (that was last week), someone said to me, "you look cute" and another one said, "that's hot." hehehe..come on, share your experiences!

mmgreco

#2 Post by mmgreco »

My daughter told me that she didn't think I looked dorky like she thought I would and my son said they were pretty hot. No comments from others though.....
Live today as if it were your last......

Evelyn

#3 Post by Evelyn »

I was at a bake sale a couple months ago and this random guy comes up and says 'your braces look cute!' haha that made my day :D
Braced September 9, 2002
Debanding: JULY 5!!!!!!!!

gunter8888

#4 Post by gunter8888 »

I'm really glad to hear that other like hearing such things from total strangers. More than once I have thought about telling a stranger that their braces look nice or that I am impressed with their "bravery" to get braces as an adult. Each time I have chickened out fearing they will think I am a freak.
Expander in 8/9/06
Lowers on 11/30/06
Uppers on / Expander gone on 1/31/2007
Class III elastics added 3/14/2007
Expander #2 - 6/27/2007
20-24 months w/ fixed metal braces

jcdamon3

#5 Post by jcdamon3 »

I got alot of compliments. The older women said I looked "good". (Not sure what that means). The younger kids (teens) said I looked younger. At that compliment I was pretty sure I never wanted to take them off. I am 46 so any "young" compliments are good.

Mamatiger

#6 Post by Mamatiger »

I have gotten them also. Mostly from friends. Haven't had any from strangers though yet. I was not expecting it, but it is kinda nice, to get, they really look cute on you and other such comments. I have gotten the younger comment, though I don't like it just yet. I am 26, and still get carded without braces. I have also had people come to my house and ask for my parents, while holding my daughter. So not yet liking the young comments yet, maybe I should have waited until I was older to get the benefit for them? :D

privatepilot

Compliments?

#7 Post by privatepilot »

I thought these things would be man deflectors...but I have been approached by men and thought, "OK, when I smile he's out of here!" Not one guy has even batted an eye, or acted like they notice. I had one person tell me I look young, then got carded at a Rollling Stones concert! I am enjoying these things as they have changed my profile givng me cheek bones and straightening out the little lines by my mouth! I am looking for more things to get braced!!
It's all about ME!

Braces went on 8/25/05. Div II whatever that means!!

http://www.TickerFactory.com/

swan

#8 Post by swan »

I visited my family a couple of weeks ago for the first time after getting braces. They said they looked nice, sparkling, like jewelry (I have metal ones, with golden ligs at the time).
Metal braces from March 24, 2005 until July 30, 2007. Estimate was 18-24 months, but I had them for 28 months.

Yeatsmom

Excellent!

#9 Post by Yeatsmom »

It was so nice to read all those comments. I'm sort of hoping I will look cute--considering the spacers go in next Monday and I'm thinking the full metal jacket a couple weeks later. Since I'm over 50, all compliments will be wildly appreciated...so it's nice to know people actually do make kind and favorable comments. Thanks, all, for the postings.

:D

lpgapro

#10 Post by lpgapro »

I'm also in my 50's and attend many events across the US. I was very self consciencious of my braces and have only had them a little over a month. I traveled the day after I had gotten them. I have had so many people compliment me that are complete strangers.

The hardest thing for me to get used to us eating while I'm at events. So many times there is no choice on the menu and there isn't much on my plate I can eat comfortably....I do a lot of guest speaking and spend so much time on the golf course around strangers and don't like to make a bad impression with the food aspect!

Everyone has been quite encouraging and I am getting over thinking that braces are a bad thing. I have avoided the TV thing so far.....that may take awhile.

Smile!

naomi

#11 Post by naomi »

I've had a lot of positive comments on my braces. The most recent happened the other day when I was at work. I was sharpening skates for a little boy who was probably about 4 years old. He told me he had just started hockey so we were talking about that a bit. Then, part way through our conversation he must have noticed my braces because he says "I really like the bracelets on your teeth!". His mom said that he calls braces "bracelets". I thought it was pretty cute!
Braced on: June 28, 2004
Debanding : June 16th 2006

To be one, to be united is a great thing. But to respect the right to be different is maybe even greater.
Bono

Echo

#12 Post by Echo »

I am a secretary at a small high school. When I first got my braces on, lots of kids told me I looked cute. I also constantly get the comment that I look really young (I'm 34). I also get mistaken for a student alot of the time by people who come into the office. I don't mind it at all!
[/url]

HollyDontSpend

Comments

#13 Post by HollyDontSpend »

I have had some kids compliment my florescent colored elastics. I thought that was pretty cool. I also get a lot of great advice from the highschool kids that bag my groceries at a local supermarket. As they're helping me put my bags in my car, they are telling me all of their tricks and what their treatment was like. 8)
Damon 2's for 18 months, removed 11/03/05

BraceUrself

#14 Post by BraceUrself »

not yet but mine have only been on for 6 days now.................. :D
Spacers-9-19-05
Top Braced-10-03-05
lowers on-10-17-05
appliance installed in mouth 10-17-05
2 extractions on 8-3-06
2 years treatment time

Dr says I won't finish on time

TheSilverSmileChileno