Bite Turbos: Day 2

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

hdb80

Bite Turbos: Day 2

#1 Post by hdb80 »

I'm dying. This is my second day with turbos and my tongue is raw and feels like it has absolutely NO space to reside inside my mouth with the fangs that are currently glued to the back of my two front teeth. I'm 36 and while I can handle the braces, the turbos are killing me. I have a lisp and sound ridiculous. I need moral support. Is this going to improve? Will I have a tongue when this is over? Will I ever be able to eat again?! I cannot believe how bad these things are. Is there someone out there who can reassure me, or is this going to be hell until it's over?

Libra1013

Re: Bite Turbos: Day 2

#2 Post by Libra1013 »

I have bite turbos In the back of my two front teeth and it's super hard to really bite or eat anything how you want to unless it's soft food or you break food into tiny pieces but it did get a little better as time went on and I just got my braces last Friday may 13th so hopefully I can get the bite turbos off on the next appointment because they are still somewhat annoying the lisp thing always gets me it's so annoying lol

hdb80

#3 Post by hdb80 »

Libra1013, well at least we aren't alone! It sounds like this is just something we are going to have to deal with. From everything I've heard the bite turbos stay on for quite some time. Although I have no idea how long mine will be on. I'm so sorry you have to deal with it too:(

Libra1013

#4 Post by Libra1013 »

I hope and pray that maybe they will come off sooner for us both hang in there :)

princessdeed

#5 Post by princessdeed »

I have bite turbos, though I think mine are molar build ups? Idk the difference but I will say that my tongue was RAW and I was miserable. I used orajel, the one that states it's used for sores in your mouth. I also put wax on the sharp bottoms of my build ups. I did this for a few days and no longer have pain on my tongue or cheeks :) hope you feel better!

hdb80

#6 Post by hdb80 »

Thanks everyone, trying to get along!

Tyrantblade

#7 Post by Tyrantblade »

Things do get better over time with bite turbos, and im sorry to say, but you might have to put up with them for a long time, i had mine for 8 months and they got rebuilt a few times before they left them alone and then removed what was left.

Truth be told it was a while before that where i didn't really mind them anymore
Lots of crimes here

1. The upper molars bite too far ahead of the lower molars

2. Missing teeth #s 9, 14, and, 29

3. Open bite

4. Upper midline left of center

5. Lower midline right of center

6. Upper and lower teeth not straight

Sentence - 24 months, turned to 27 month.

Braces removed since 11/06/17

swisscat

#8 Post by swisscat »

I have bite turbos glued to the back of my front teeth and I agree with you, it is not fun. But you will be able to eat again sooner than you think (cut tiny pieces of everything), and your tongue will be less sore.
I hate the lisp and it only went away because I broke one bit turbo... guess it will be back since I go to the dentist soon :(

Hang in there, the result will be worth it!