2 Weeks To Go! Can anyone help me?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

HMA

#16 Post by HMA »

I have clear on the front 6 on top, and the rest metal (I agree that 4 clear would look strange, but 6 looks good). I am sooooooooooooo thankful that I got clear and not metal on those 6. I see people every now and then at the store or passing by on the street, etc who have metal and every single time I'm thankful I got clear. Everyone has their own reasons for making the decision they did, so I can only tell you about my own personal decision.

Clear brackets don't work any slower than metal, but they are harder to remove. So that's why I'm glad I only have 6 and not all clear. The brackets themselves do not stain, it's the ligs that stain if you're not careful. I haven't had any problems with staining so bad that it's noticable to anyone else. They are a TINY bit bigger than the metal, but I've had more problems with my cheeks hurting from the metal brackets, not the clear ones. I love them!!

elly123

#17 Post by elly123 »

Wow you guys are great, thanks! I will talk to my orthodontist next week and make my decision from there. Thank you :D