Let's think positive!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

flowertowngal

Let's think positive!

#1 Post by flowertowngal »

Ok, guys - let's think positive - our journey is moving along - in a few weeks it will be Halloween and then its almost Thanksgiving and gosh, Christmas is just around the corner and before we know it, it will be 2006! If you don't really count the holidays themselves or weekends or vacation time or shopping days - why, next year will be here in a about a week. Right? Right? Sigh...

ricardo2

#2 Post by ricardo2 »

.......Life does have a tendency to fly by.... although it may not seem it since getting the braces fitted! :?

I agree... think positive.... I'm betting it will go really quickly and we'll all have great teeth before we know it! :D At least we've all taken the first step.... it can only be onwards & upwards from here I hope!

LUCY xxx

jcdamon3

#3 Post by jcdamon3 »

I am with you. When people notice my braces for the first time they always ask "how long?" since I got them on. I say "I'm not really counting". It might make the time go a little faster if I don't dwell on how long it will be and how long I have already been in braces. I definitely don't think I will dwell on how long since I have a feeling these orthos really can't predict with that much accuracy. At the same time I am trying to follow all the rules so I don't prolong my treatment.

Time does go by really fast. A bit scary isn't it? :P

raregem

#4 Post by raregem »

I agree. My dentist still hasn't told me how long my braces will be on and that makes me kind of glad, because I'm not dwelling on it. It probably makes time go by quicker.

littleshaddies

Re: Let's think positive!

#5 Post by littleshaddies »

I am positive. Well, almost.
A year will last as long as every year lasts.
This one will feel longer.
Expensive one too.
Painfull.
Sleepless.
Starving.
Frustrating.
Actually, I am not positive at all. Sorry.