False tooth attached

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Roxxm

False tooth attached

#1 Post by Roxxm »

I lost one of my upper front teeth awhile back, my dentist says it may have been because of stunted roots due to wearing braces as a teen. Healthy gums, but very loose teeth. I was surprised that the treatment advised for my loose teeth was to have another go at braces.

So now I have a false retainer tooth attached only by a bracket to my wire. This false tooth keeps wiggling and twisting around. I go in to have it tightened, but as soon as I brush my teeth(gently) or try to eat anything(soft food) the tooth comes loose again, each time worse than before. I'm also concerned that this extra movement is affecting the front tooth that it's next to. That tooth was loose when I started treatment, been looser since treatment and developed a new ache since my false tooth has become loose.

I'm unable to work, as my job requires very clear speaking, nor can I participate in the language class that I love. I've been losing a scary amount of weight on this nearly all liquid diet.

I have appointments monday and tuesday with the dentist and orthodontist, but I don't think I can get through another 3 days. I have work assignments that must get done before monday.

So here I am with a tube of superglue in hand(denture adhesive did NOT work) debating with myself on whether to glue the tooth to my gum, or to just try getting through the next few days and emailing my boss an apology for not being able to make the deadline.

Tough call.

djspeece

Re: False tooth attached

#2 Post by djspeece »

Whatever you do don't superglue that tooth to gum tissue.
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying

Roxxm

Re: False tooth attached

#3 Post by Roxxm »

I decided not to go that route, put up with a few days of dangling false tooth and hoping there won't be any more