Just Swallowed an elastic..

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

skaterpdx

Re: Just Swallowed an elastic..

#16 Post by skaterpdx »

I swallowed my first... Still breathing...

Roxxm

#17 Post by Roxxm »

I have mine for a crossbite, I haven't been able to keep them on while eating without swallowing one. I also take them off when my tounge is really cut up and I need a break because wax will not stay on the button with the rubber band moving around.

Beckett

#18 Post by Beckett »

I haven't swallowed any elastics but at least half a dozen have already gone down the sink drain. I'm betting I will have to have my husband take the u-bend apart and fish everything it by the end of my treatment.

And even if we have this house professionally cleaned someday when we sell, I'll be the new owners will still find elastics in the oddest places.
Braces for 18 months/4 days.

Ziggy

#19 Post by Ziggy »

I swallowed an elastic that looped around my appendix and I had to get emergency surgery. NOT! :D I stopped counting all the elastics I've swallowed, not to mention at least one bracket. So far so good. :thumbsup: