New fave foods since getting braced....

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

TuZZi

New fave foods since getting braced....

#1 Post by TuZZi »

MY GOD I LOVE YAMS!! haha nice opening line hey? Yams are my new favourite food. If cooked right, they are sooooo mushy, squishy, and yummy! The perfect thing for sore teeth and gums!

When I was a baby, my mom fed me so full of yams and sweet potatoes that I turned a yellowish-orange! Apparently that was the only thing I would eat for a week.... everyone thought I was jaundiced, but I was just full of yams! Maybe I'll turn yellow again.... I've had 2 large yams in 4 days.

What's everyone else's favourite food since getting braced?
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=6100
Full On Metal! Aug 31, 2005
4 Bicuspids extracted Sept 26-27 2005
Disbanded n loving it - June 12, 2007!

objectinspace

#2 Post by objectinspace »

I'm a newbie to braces but so far I've had 2 big plates of mashed potatoes (with a few Canadian thanksgiving leftovers), it seemed to go down pretty easily. Yams sound great, I'll have to pick some up.

Al Carter

favorite food

#3 Post by Al Carter »

I just love oatmeal for breakfast now. Bagels were my favorite but they're verboten.

Oatmeal with blueberries milk and honey - yumm

Also I've come to new appreciation for yoghurt - being a euro transplant to the states I could not find the yoghurt I liked - texture in the states is different - but I've found a brand called Wallaby at my nearest Whole Foods and love it.
Work to live
Live to bike
Bike to work

geekgirl

Re: New fave foods since getting braced....

#4 Post by geekgirl »

TuZZi wrote: When I was a baby, my mom fed me so full of yams and sweet potatoes that I turned a yellowish-orange! Apparently that was the only thing I would eat for a week.... everyone thought I was jaundiced, but I was just full of yams!
OT, but when I was an infant, I turned orange. For some reason, all I was fed/ate was carrots, and I turned a rather unfortunate shade. My mom was just a tad embarrased when she took me to the doctor only to hear she had to stop feeding me so many carrots! To this day, I'm still not a fan of that particular vegetable...
Waiting for life to settle down a bit before committing to 3 years of braces, lower jaw surgery, crowns and some whitening.

mackenzie

#5 Post by mackenzie »

My mom ate carrots whenever she had cravings when she was pregnant with me so she wouldn't gain too much weight, and I was born orange. I looked like a fake n bake baby.

Doug

#6 Post by Doug »

Just had to jump in here and recommend my all-time fave sweet potato recipe - Smashed Sweet Potatoes with Chipotle!
The pepper gives it a nice zing.

It's from Good Eats (best cooking show ever)

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes ... 66,00.html

BraceUrself

#7 Post by BraceUrself »

I'm loving LOTS & LOTS of yogurt, oatmeal & for a snack or lunch, I am all over cottage cheese! Soups are great too-yummy!
Spacers-9-19-05
Top Braced-10-03-05
lowers on-10-17-05
appliance installed in mouth 10-17-05
2 extractions on 8-3-06
2 years treatment time

Dr says I won't finish on time

caringiscreepy

#8 Post by caringiscreepy »

Since I got my braces I've developed an unfortunate sweet tooth. I never used to eat many sweets before but now it's all I eat. I didn't even notice it til ... oh my friend, boyfriend and mum all pointed it out. Not good, eh?

Braces on: 13th July 2005
Estimated Treatment Time: 18 months