I have questions about braces

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

R-A-M-O-N-E-S

I have questions about braces

#1 Post by R-A-M-O-N-E-S »

I keep reading people talking about differnt braces, like speed braces
what is that?
And why in some of the pictures,
I see people with brackets that are almost clear or white like their teeth.
and what look's like rubber bands on them, In colors
Mine are silver. I was only given the option of silver or gold,
And I have no rubber bands?
Thanks
Braced Sept-27-05

geekgirl

#2 Post by geekgirl »

You can look around archwired.com for the answers to all your questions, and more. Here's a link to get you started (describing the different types of braces): http://archwired.com/ceramic_vs_metal_braces.htm
Waiting for life to settle down a bit before committing to 3 years of braces, lower jaw surgery, crowns and some whitening.

lpgapro

#3 Post by lpgapro »

From what I understand Damons are sometimes refered to as the speed braces. They are self-ligs and putting ligs on them slow the process down and are for looks only. There are a few articles describing and also pictures of them on the web. They are also designed for comfort...and I must say, I haven't had any problems with mine.

R-A-M-O-N-E-S

#4 Post by R-A-M-O-N-E-S »

Thanks everybody
Braced Sept-27-05