Wire Agony

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Chocoholic

Wire Agony

#1 Post by Chocoholic »

Hey All,

I know I'm usually upbeat and positive, but my mouth is killing me! The wire on my front bottom teeth is really digging into my mouth, so much so that there's a wire indentation with a sore either side. I always wake up, mouth dry and my wire stuck to the inside of my mouth.

I'm using tonnes of wax, Kenalog, rinses and nothings helping.

Will the indentation be permament, or do you think it'll go eventually.

Feeling sad today :cry:

jenns91civic

#2 Post by jenns91civic »

Biotene the name of the toothpaste/gel/mouthwash/gum for dry mouth. You can get it at any major retail pharmacy and probably grocery stores too.

The indention is not permanent. I thought my indention that was shaped just like my brackets (from being a trumpet and french horn player) was going to be permanent but there's nothing there anymore.
Paramedic student

Full Braces (all metal) 5/12/1999 - 4/20/2005
Class II (overjet) on the left only
Upper and Lower Hawleys

sarcpres

#3 Post by sarcpres »

I was having some problems in a spot where i had an extraction. the wire was totally indented into my cheek. My ortho actually put a small clear plastic tube on the wire and it made ALL the difference in the world. i don't know what your exact situation is, but this might help.
round 2! Already had them as a teen for two and a half years!

[/url]

Braces on June 2, 2005

spragers

#4 Post by spragers »

After the extractions when my braces were first put on, I had those plastic tubes over the wires where the gaps were for a couple of months. It really made a difference.