Had 1st adjustment on Tuesday!..

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

giantfigure

#1 Post by giantfigure »

it seems we had exactly the same kinda adjustment. I had my first adjustment on Aug 25. Same..upper wire changed, ligs were replaced (I was so anxious to get the white-turned yellow ligs being changed!).

I met with periodontist last week. He said my gum are healthy. sigh of relief! :)

Although the teeth have not moved yet, I am hopeful they will move soon. Yesterday I tried on google but could not find what is the "success rate" of orthodontic treatment. I am just curious.

Eagerly waiting for next appointment with ortho on Nov 6!!!
^^ Top ceramic, Bottom metal
^^ Duration of treatment: 18 months

LiveWire

#2 Post by LiveWire »

Hi Guys! :)

Great to hear that things are going really well with your treatment plan so far...I don't go for my 1st adjustment until Nov 14 and my ortho said that I will keep the same archwire on for the next couple of visits... :cry: but I guess he has a good enough reason for that...

Anyhow...congrats on the change in your archwires and new wireties....all the best hope that things keep moving Lucyloop...or start moving for you giantfigure....

Take care.. 8)

Enjoy life to the fullest and take chances! :0)

caringiscreepy

#3 Post by caringiscreepy »

Congratulations on your progress so far :D I went for my 2nd adjustment tuesday, my ortho tied my ligs in a figure 8 and I'm in some considerable pain now but it'll be worth it when I have straight teeth :)

Braces on: 13th July 2005
Estimated Treatment Time: 18 months

LiveWire

#4 Post by LiveWire »

KK - Good luck on your 2nd adjustment and let me know what happens...I will be just about there for my first so i will be anxious by then!! Haha :lol:

I do completely trust my ortho - one of the main reasons I went with him as he is a very down to earth person that I felt very comfortable talking to...so I will be sure to ask him next time why the reason for no change in the wire for the first few visits just so that I am more informed.. :) I guess it is just different to hear all the different methods that other orthos use..but of course my teeth are completely different from yours, and everyone elses.... :)

Take care!

Enjoy life to the fullest and take chances! :0)

CelestialVoices

#5 Post by CelestialVoices »

Congrats to all on their adjustments going well! :)

sweet_psylence

Re: Had 1st adjustment on Tuesday!..

#6 Post by sweet_psylence »

Lucyloop wrote:Anyway, gotta go back 6th December now..... hopefully everything will continue to go well! I'm a happy bunny! :-*
Heeeey! We're getting our second adjustments on the same day!

I just got my first adjustment today, thicker wire with some rubber tubes on them.

bracedmommy

#7 Post by bracedmommy »

Congrats on making it through your 1st adjustment. I actually had mine yesterday and am in agony today. :( At least I know the wire is doing it's job and moving things. I too earned a new thicker upper wire, they tried to change my bottom too, but ended up popping off one of my brackets, so it was decided my teeth weren't ready yet and got my old one put back on. I don't go back until Dec. 21, and they are planning for the thicker wire to go on the bottom then.
[/url]