What is it like having bands put on??

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

LiveWire

#16 Post by LiveWire »

When I got fitted last week - I didn't find it too bad, but then again I was not too sore from the spacers...and the hygenist was great and the first ones that she fitted were the ones that she left on... :D

I didn't find it too bad....some pressure (but then again I only had them on for about 45 minutes) so I guess my opinion does not really count...but I will see how things are this week..

Enjoy life to the fullest and take chances! :0)

BraceUrself

#17 Post by BraceUrself »

Thanks for all of the great replies!
The bands going on wasn't that bad, I actually giggled at all of the biting I had to do. I was actually top braced (I was so surprised) & I wrote more about it on another post! Thanks again everyone & good luck to those after me! We can get thru this together! :wink:
Spacers-9-19-05
Top Braced-10-03-05
lowers on-10-17-05
appliance installed in mouth 10-17-05
2 extractions on 8-3-06
2 years treatment time

Dr says I won't finish on time

donnamac

OMG

#18 Post by donnamac »

I must be the exception here, because I had several painful moments when the bands were put on. I had gum surgery in August, and one tooth is extra sensitive. THAT one hurt!! The worst part was when the girl was pulling one band off to cement it back on. I thought she was pulling my tooth clean out of my head...without any deadening :ouch: Do the bands ever have to be changed out? Good grief...I hope not....

bajanrose

#19 Post by bajanrose »

I got my back molars banded and it wasnt painful at all, the assistant who put them on only had to remove two the whole time and I just bit down when she said too, then the Ortho came to look over what she did and I bit down some more but it wasnt painful at all.
TPA (July 27th 05 - Feb 28th 06)7 months 1 day!
Nance (March 1st - Jan 31st 07)

After a total of 22 months and 12 days, I am braces free!