How Long Is Too Long Between Adjustments?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jennielee81

#16 Post by jennielee81 »

Mine are very 10-12 weeks. Last one was in late August, my next one is in mid November. :D
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm

MadeIn1984

#17 Post by MadeIn1984 »

It's still a bit too early in my treatment to establish regular intervals, but my last 2 adjustments have both been 6 weeks apart, roughly.
Visit me on MySpace! :wink:

SHELL

#18 Post by SHELL »

I go every 3 months which i thought was long, when everyone else i had talked to went every 4 weeks. I asked my ortho why so long inbetween and he said because of new techonology. I have clear braces and they move constantly but you don't have to go in every month. I guess that's good because if i had to go every 4 weeks i would never eat solid food.

jennielee81

#19 Post by jennielee81 »

SHELL wrote: I guess that's good because if i had to go every 4 weeks i would never eat solid food.
Good point!! Image

Got to love that!!!
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm

ScatDatJazz

#20 Post by ScatDatJazz »

mtbrncofn wrote:Mine are every 6 weeks, with the one exception being a 4 week gap once.

Scat, don't they even change ligs in that whole time? They do lose their elasticity and it seems after that long they'd be about worthless.
Right, that's one of the issues I'm concerned about. I'm wondering how this long period of time might negatively affect my treatment.

Thanks for all the responses! It's interesting to see the differences among everyone in terms of how frequently we go in for adjustments. I typically don't go more than 8 weeks without an adjustment, but because of his full schedule all through November and December, January is my ortho's earliest convience. I'll call him and ask if there's any need for concern.

spragers

#21 Post by spragers »

I have yet to go more than 4 weeks between adjustments. I guess I'm really getting my money's worth LOL

sarcpres

#22 Post by sarcpres »

I am on the "accelerated plan," as I like to call it. I go every three weeks. I'd rather deal with the pain and get them off quicker.
round 2! Already had them as a teen for two and a half years!

[/url]

Braces on June 2, 2005

londongirl

#23 Post by londongirl »

I go once a month. They don't do much, check things out and change my donuts...but they want me in once a month for a checkup. I've been in tbe braces for 14 months now.
Kris

[/url]

hannah164

#24 Post by hannah164 »

I go in every 2 weeks right now but I think thats only because of my impacted tooth that is finally coming down. Before that it was 3 weeks and at the very beginning it was every 6 weeks.

Hannah :frogbraces: