What will you do with your braces?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Knucemike

What will you do with your braces?

#1 Post by Knucemike »

As i get closer to the end of my treatment( only 6 months to go -fingers crossed) i got to thinking what has everyone done with their braces?

If you have already had your braces removed, did you keep them? If you still have them have you thought about keeping them or do you just want to be totally rid of them. I am assuming that keeping them is an option?

Just was wondering what everyone had in mind when that big day comes around.
Braces on 11/03 - Hopefully off 5/06 -Now changed to 4/07

aussierob

#2 Post by aussierob »

Will ask to keep all the bits (already have some old archwired and moulds)
Will throw them into the little box that I keep my wisdom teeth in.
I think I have some sort of OCD/pack-rat syndrome!

momof2grlz

#3 Post by momof2grlz »

Most of my brackets are ceramic, so I'm expecting they'll end up in pieces when they get removed. Not much to save. I wouldn't save them anyway. The only reminder I want is a better, healthier smile!

Chris
Top Ceramics: 10/11/04; Bottom Ceramics: 02/16/05 DEBANDED: 05/03/07

privatepilot

Keeping Braces

#4 Post by privatepilot »

I was wondering the same thing. I know some places "recycle" braces so they must have some sick value to someone. I had 2 teeth extracted today and almost asked to keep them-don't know why!!! Has anyone out there kept them?
It's all about ME!

Braces went on 8/25/05. Div II whatever that means!!

http://www.TickerFactory.com/

megan_in_pink

#5 Post by megan_in_pink »

oh oh *rasie her hands and dance in seat* i am going thower them in the fire place and watch them metl as i dance arond and eat a candyed apple :D can u till i am sick of braces :D

privatepilot

Hey Megan in Pink

#6 Post by privatepilot »

I totally agree with throwing them in the fire and watching them melt. I think I'll watch mine melt while stuffing my face so full of white cheddar popcorn that I look like a rabid dog!!
It's all about ME!

Metal Mouth Guy

#7 Post by Metal Mouth Guy »

Those are going to be some dang hot fires.

I think I'm going to hunt down my original molds and some superglue.

MMG

privatepilot

Dang hot fires!

#8 Post by privatepilot »

I concur. I would entertain the idea of putting them on my dog but that would be animal cruelty. Keep a positive attitude!! And keep laughing!!
It's all about ME!

MadeIn1984

Re: Hey Megan in Pink

#9 Post by MadeIn1984 »

privatepilot wrote:I totally agree with throwing them in the fire and watching them melt. I think I'll watch mine melt while stuffing my face so full of white cheddar popcorn that I look like a rabid dog!!
That made me laugh out loud when I read it!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not sure what I'm gonna do with mine yet. I still have about another year and a half to think about it. :D
Visit me on MySpace! :wink: