A Remedy for Damon doors.....

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Nikkiekoala

A Remedy for Damon doors.....

#1 Post by Nikkiekoala »

I had an ortho appointment today for my second set of spacers. Not the most pleasant appoinmtent to date. Anyway, next week I get my first wire change (along with the rest of my bands thus the spacers today) so my ortho mentioned that if I brush my braces like the night before may appoint. and on the day of just before my appointment with white vinegar that it will loosen/dissolve some of the calculus/tartar that builds up on the brackets making it easier to open the little doors.
I will give it a try for next week and see what happens. Anyway, thought I would pass this little remedy on to Damon wearers. Hadn't seen it suggested so thought I might be something new.

Braced Aug. 11th 2005
Damon 3's
Crowding
Crossbite
**My Website: http://nikkiekoala.efx2blogs.com/

angel_guitar

#2 Post by angel_guitar »

thanks for that tip......will try to remember that for my appointments!

Attagirl2

#3 Post by Attagirl2 »

Thank you for the tip. I am a little concerned about the high acid content. When you see your doctor, could you check into that? Thanks.
Had Damon 3 / Smart Clips for almost 2 years
Now in Hawley upper 10 hours/day, permanent lower retainers

raregem

#4 Post by raregem »

I'm bookmarking this. Let us know how it works!