anyone else looking forward to this?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Shelby014

anyone else looking forward to this?

#1 Post by Shelby014 »

This might sound weird, but i cant WAIT until i get my retainer, i dont know why, i just.......want to have a retainer. :roll: I mean, whats so special about a retainer ( i'm thinking its the "i can take it out thing" )? I would much rather a retainer that made me lisp really really bad, then braces that i cant take out to have a break from them ( so wish i could take them out, just for 5 minutes) so that my poor mouth can have a little bit of a rest. :P I have also started looking at all the totally cute retainer cases, there is so many to pick from!! :lol:

ttygl (talk to you guys later)
the retainer weirdo. :wink:
O.o*Shelby*o.O

braced on:9-29-05
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/ ... /event.png[/img]
[/url]

momof2grlz

#2 Post by momof2grlz »

Oh my goodness. You've only had braces 22 days and you're already excited about getting a retainer. That would make me crazy. I have to take one day at a time!

Chris
Top Ceramics: 10/11/04; Bottom Ceramics: 02/16/05 DEBANDED: 05/03/07

swan

#3 Post by swan »

For now, I'm excited about which color ligatures to get at the next adjustment. Maybe a few months before the braces come off, I'll start getting excited about the retainer, or maybe when I find out which kind of retainer I'll have.
Metal braces from March 24, 2005 until July 30, 2007. Estimate was 18-24 months, but I had them for 28 months.

SweetSheena

#4 Post by SweetSheena »

Hi!

As for right now, I'm just pretty excited about getting the braces! I get them on next week and I am really happy! I think the retainer part will be really kool too! 8)
*~*I was here to leave my mark!*~* :)

06/2007 - Braces off
[/url]

megan_in_pink

#5 Post by megan_in_pink »

i so can not wait to get mine, i not even in finshing wires yet!LOL

jenns91civic

#6 Post by jenns91civic »

I'd rather have braces than retainers. I hateeeeeeee retainers. But I was like you. I couldn't wait. I think I just wanted a toy to click up and down, but it doesn't work with mine lol. I think mine is made all funky though so who knows...other people don't seem to mind them as much as I do.
Paramedic student

Full Braces (all metal) 5/12/1999 - 4/20/2005
Class II (overjet) on the left only
Upper and Lower Hawleys

Shelby014

#7 Post by Shelby014 »

wow, i cant believe i've already had them for 22 days, seems more like 2. I don't know why i want a retainer so bad, just do lol. sry i just realized that i accidentally double posted this at a different time. Oh, and i've got a question for jenns91civic, is your hawleys ok? i mean would you rather an essix? I think i just like the fact that i could put pretty glitter and designs on it, and with the essix you can decorate it. Oh, and for everyone else i'm only supposed have braces for 9-13 months so its not really gonna be call that much longer that i'm gonna have em, so the retainer is in my pretty soon future.
O.o*Shelby*o.O

[/url]

Dodger(UK)

#8 Post by Dodger(UK) »

Removable retainers become much more appealing when you only have to wear/use them overnight. ;) Which thankfully, is all I need to do now :)

Shelby014

#9 Post by Shelby014 »

has anybody seen the new ratainer coming out, it is all metal, no top or anything, and it just clips on, doesnt interfere with speech, or anything like that. looks pretty cool to me.
O.o*Shelby*o.O

[/url]

MadeIn1984

#10 Post by MadeIn1984 »

Yes, Shelby014, I have! It looks pretty interesting.

Here's a link to a site where I saw it:

http://www.islandretainer.com/about.htm

Seems like it's been around for a while (at least 20 years).
Visit me on MySpace! :wink:

Shelby014

#11 Post by Shelby014 »

yup, thats the same site that i seen it from, it really has been out for 20 years, wow, i wonder why they dont have people use those more often, it looks really convienient, it doesnt have a plate on top so you can talk, and its not permanent so you can take it out, i mean you cant get any better then that right, i guess there must be a catch
O.o*Shelby*o.O

[/url]

megan_in_pink

#12 Post by megan_in_pink »

wow that is really ugly

Evelyn

#13 Post by Evelyn »

You have no idea how excited I am to get a retainer...I don't even know why. It's probably the taking out aspect, I don't really know. All I know is that I can't wait.
Braced September 9, 2002
Debanding: JULY 5!!!!!!!!

Shelby014

#14 Post by Shelby014 »

plus a retainer (i dont think) doesnt give you canker sores!!! AND you can take it out!! The speech thing wont really bother me, cuz i talk A LOT and i believe that i will become accustomed to it in my mouth really fast. :lol:
O.o*Shelby*o.O

[/url]

jenns91civic

#15 Post by jenns91civic »

I'd rather not have any retainers at all lol. I've never seen an Essix so I don't know if I'd prefer that or not. My hawleys might be ok if my upper one was made better. The plastic is thicker on one side than the other and some parts of it are so thin I'm afraid they will break. I think the lab my ortho uses rushed it a little too much.

As for the glitter and designs, not all labs do it. The glitter can be irritating to your mouth too, plus they have to use thicker plastic to do glitter. Mine are a really cool tropical blue (same color blue as one of the retainer cases Lynn sells, and I have it. Isn't that cute...matching retainers and retainer case lol). I could have got glow in the dark, and sometimes I wish I had because that's just weird! I'm almost hoping my upper one breaks so I have to go spend $109 to get it replaced and hopefully will be made better. I may get my wish though.......I think it's lost in the abyss aka my purse. I should probably find it and ya know, wear it.
Paramedic student

Full Braces (all metal) 5/12/1999 - 4/20/2005
Class II (overjet) on the left only
Upper and Lower Hawleys