Faded Ligs!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

OceanGirl

Faded Ligs!

#1 Post by OceanGirl »

I have nice orange ligs put on almost 2 weeks ago at my last adjustment. The two in the front have already faded to almost white. It looks so bad. The other ligs haven't faded a bit. What causes ligs to fade so fast? Is it something I'm eating?? something I'm doing or not doing? I wish I could take the ligs off one of my back teeth and move it to my front teeth. I have almost 3 weeks left before my next appt.
Feb 4 2005
Top braces on
Expander on top, TMJ retainer on bottom

Dec 17 2005
Expander and retainer out
Braces on bottom, bite blocker on top

Septermber 8 2006
Bite blocker off!!!

Debanding will be Sept 2007.. FINALLY

SweetSheena

#2 Post by SweetSheena »

Hi OceanGirl!

I may not be wearing my braces just yet but i think that it may be the liquids you drink that tend to hit the front teeth first that makes the front teeth fade faster than the back teeth, it may be something with a certain acid level. And may be something that you drink.

I know I can't help much because I'm not braced yet but I will be in 2 days, I just know people with braces that ecperience the issues!

Hope i can help!
*~*I was here to leave my mark!*~* :)

06/2007 - Braces off
[/url]

OceanGirl

#3 Post by OceanGirl »

It must be something I'm drinking because its only the two front teeth. All the other ligs are still orange.
Feb 4 2005
Top braces on
Expander on top, TMJ retainer on bottom

Dec 17 2005
Expander and retainer out
Braces on bottom, bite blocker on top

Septermber 8 2006
Bite blocker off!!!

Debanding will be Sept 2007.. FINALLY

littleshaddies

#4 Post by littleshaddies »

I have the oposite. My two clear front ligs stained a lot in my first two weeks. I had to go back between appointments to change them as they were so bad. I assumed is smoking that caused it so I am a bit more carefull now and it's working. Can you not go and change them before your appointment, it only takes 2 min. All depends on your ortho tho. Mine is quite attentive to private patients. :lol:

weird_wired

#5 Post by weird_wired »

If what you are drinking is having that effect on your ligs, think what it may be doing to your tooth enamel. I know many drinks - including "healthy" fruit juices - are actually dangerously acidic to your teeth.

When you get your ligs changed, maybe try drinking through a straw so liquid avoids that area? (Except when you "swill round" with plain water etc).

mtbrncofn

#6 Post by mtbrncofn »

OceanGirl wrote:It must be something I'm drinking because its only the two front teeth. All the other ligs are still orange.
Well if its something you're drinking, switch the something to orange soda, that'll stain em back orange. :D

I'm kidding of course! It would have to be the front ones, wouldn't it?
Full upper and lower metal braces put on May 12, 2005.

Braces free as of April 18, 2006!

Temporarily rebraced Nov. 21, 2006. ( I think I've moved past temporary. )

Brace free again - July 26, 2007.