Coloured ligs on ceramics

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

sillikitti

Coloured ligs on ceramics

#1 Post by sillikitti »

I have ceramics on my upper teeth with clear elastic ligs and I haven't touched coffee, tea, curry cigarettes...etc..and they stained kinda yellowish from Lipton chicken noodle soup :shock:
So i am wondering if anyone out there has coloured ligs on ceramics and how they look or anyone have pictures? Sorry for the dumb question lol but i am debating changing to colours at my next appt. and just curious :P because i don't like the staining!!

decisionmade

#2 Post by decisionmade »

Hi sillikitti, you could ask for wire ties next time....They don't stain, and are subtle so they don't defeat the purpose of the ceramics..i'm switching from the wire ties to clear ligs at my next adjustment to give them a try.. but may find myself switching back to wire ties if I encounter the same problems you are..anyway best wishes!- DM
crowding, mild overjet, and crossbite
SARPE AND R.P Expander: 7-14-05
extraction : 9-15-05
Brace date: 9-29-05
Expander out! 1-12-06!!!!! after 6 long mos.
Taking them off!!! Feb 26, 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=5209

caryca

#3 Post by caryca »

I drink coffe (3 cups a day) tea and other stuff....if you are a bit more cerful they look ok :D
6/4/2005: 2nd premolar extracted+ spacers in
6/13/2005: clear braces: top and bottom
next 'date' on 18th Nov. ...and the bottoms might be off then?!:-) top will stay until Dec. before xmas.

sillikitti

#4 Post by sillikitti »

Thanks all :D I didn't realize there was already a thread on this topic lol. But I think colours on ceramics look really cool! I might have to be daring and try one time!

Chaim9778

#5 Post by Chaim9778 »

I've gotten this smoky blue(ish) type color, it seems to fade gradually and didn't stain like the clear ties do. I'm not bold enough for anything bright! Although I did have pink ones once and stained them bright yellow by eating a corn dog with mustard!