Other patients in ortho office

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Ebonygurl00

#31 Post by Ebonygurl00 »

In my ortho's office, there are about 10 "stations" (chair w/table). The chairs aren't seperated at all, it's like a big living room. Honestly, I've never thought of feeling uncomfortable. Like someone else said, I think of it as going to the doctor. I love my ortho and his office!
[/url]

johnnys_angel

#32 Post by johnnys_angel »

ANYA wrote: On a funny note - I just went last Friday for adjustment and my ortho has braces now himself !! He is refreshing his smile he said. I told him that I think this is just fair. Now he knows how his patients feel. LOL.
I agree that that is totally fair! At the office I go to, the senior ortho (who owns the business) insists that all of his assistants/staff get braces (whether they need them or not, but pretty much everyone can always improve) if they haven't already, so they can relate to the patients. This must be rather expensive, but I thought it was a good idea!
Damon 2's top and bottom, BRACED 02/22/04 and REMOVED 08/29/05. Now in bonded retainers (top and bottom) :4 wisdom teeth surgically removed on 12/22/05:

Dottie

#33 Post by Dottie »

My ortho's office has 7 chairs in a circle all facing huge windows. Each station has a computer and they always have the best music playing... I love it! I can honestly say in all my visits that I can't recall any other patient information that I have heard. The assistants are usually talking about new movies or laughing at eachother... it's really a very relaxing place.
~~ Dottie ~~

A laugh is a smile that bursts!
Damon 3's ~ November 17th 2004

spragers

#34 Post by spragers »

I agree that that is totally fair! At the office I go to, the senior ortho (who owns the business) insists that all of his assistants/staff get braces (whether they need them or not, but pretty much everyone can always improve) if they haven't already, so they can relate to the patients. This must be rather expensive, but I thought it was a good idea!
I hate to say it, but that is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard. Forced medical treatment? lol... That's like saying "you ride a bike to work, so you can't work at this gas station."

On the other hand, who's dumb enough to turn down free orthodontic treatment?

Back on topic, my dentist/ortho only has private rooms. The first ortho-only office I went to had the out-in-public work area, and it creeped me out. If I'm having people stick strange things in my mouth, I want the least number of people possible to see it. It also makes me feel more like I'm the focus of their attention, not part of an assembly line. For $5,000 I should get my own room, dangit! :lol:

TuZZi

#35 Post by TuZZi »

My ortho has 4 chairs in the main room, and then 1 in an actual office that I was in for my first few consultations before I had anything actually done to my teeth. There are 6 or 7 other chairs around the bigger room, for everyone to sit in that's waiting, unless they want to sit behind the desh in the actual waiting area. I don't mind the fact there's other people in the room, I actually look forward to it as most of them are kids, and have gone through more of the process than me. If a kid can go through all this, I can too!
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=6100
Full On Metal! Aug 31, 2005
4 Bicuspids extracted Sept 26-27 2005
Disbanded n loving it - June 12, 2007!

LiveWire

#36 Post by LiveWire »

My ortho has about 4 chairs in the one room about 4 feet apart and then two seperate rooms where they do the consults and xrays and moulds and I think where they take the braces off. Yeah it is weird, and lucky to all of you who have seperate rooms :) ....but I think it is a cost efficient way for them to get more in at a time..lord knows how long many of us have to wait.. :roll:

Take care,

Enjoy life to the fullest and take chances! :0)

fins

#37 Post by fins »

My ortho has about 8 chairs in one room with no privacy. Yeah, it bothers me and I almost went to another ortho because I didn't like the lack of privacy. I did feel bad when twice there were kids crying and in pain while I was waiting for my turn. That upset me.
fins

n216

#38 Post by n216 »

my ortho has 4 i hate it when its packed and everyone is just waiting on the doc to go back and fourth one chair to another
spacers 9-19-05
braces 9-20-05