Expander Out and Braces on TOMORROW!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

active

Expander Out and Braces on TOMORROW!

#1 Post by active »

so tomorrow at 8.30am PST i will have this annoying palate expander out of my mouth. after six loooong months of this. the excess drooooool, impaired speech, and everyone thinking i got 2 silver teeth due to the bands. i can finally get it out. and get my braces on. im real excited cant wait. im expecting all the soreness that ive read on here. but i think the relief of having my expander out will outweigh any pain! wish me luck

HeadgearJoe

Re: Expander Out and Braces on TOMORROW!

#2 Post by HeadgearJoe »

active wrote:so tomorrow at 8.30am PST i will have this annoying palate expander out of my mouth. after six loooong months of this. the excess drooooool, impaired speech, and everyone thinking i got 2 silver teeth due to the bands. i can finally get it out. and get my braces on. im real excited cant wait. im expecting all the soreness that ive read on here. but i think the relief of having my expander out will outweigh any pain! wish me luck
good morning , an congrats on the expander being removed, well now you get to start braces an the fun they cause for the first few days , just rember it will get better ,an a few people never have any soreness maybe you'll be one of those , congrats agian on getting your braces today , headgearjoe
braces off 1/31/08 wearing bonded retainers with a nightsplint, will get removable hawleys 2/21/08

decisionmade

#3 Post by decisionmade »

Congrats Active!!..I have a little less than 3 months left with my expander and I have had my braces on for 3 1/2 weeks!!..so I can relate!..GOOD luck tomorrow..what a big day for you!
crowding, mild overjet, and crossbite
SARPE AND R.P Expander: 7-14-05
extraction : 9-15-05
Brace date: 9-29-05
Expander out! 1-12-06!!!!! after 6 long mos.
Taking them off!!! Feb 26, 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=5209

active

#4 Post by active »

just to update. it feels GREAT having the expander on, but the braces dont seem to look good on me. my ortho said id have to wear them for a year in a half. but we'll see how it goes

HeadgearJoe

#5 Post by HeadgearJoe »

active wrote:just to update. it feels GREAT having the expander on, but the braces dont seem to look good on me. my ortho said id have to wear them for a year in a half. but we'll see how it goes
hi , well a big congrats to your newest tingrin /metalmouth , HeadgearJoe
braces off 1/31/08 wearing bonded retainers with a nightsplint, will get removable hawleys 2/21/08