Drinks to get you through

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Aradia252

#16 Post by Aradia252 »

I like a good martini every once in a while, but rum and coke is my drink of choice. :D

Ceramics on top: 6/23/05
Lower Expander: 9/8/05, Removed: 3/30/06
Ceramics on bottom: 10/7/05

Ciaytee

#17 Post by Ciaytee »

Oh! A thread about alcohol! What a happy surprise!!!

Sorry, but beefcake and alcohol will always make me abuse punctuation. :wink:

Sour Apple Martini

Equal parts:

Apple Pucker
Butterscotch Schnapps
Absolut Vanilla

Pour into a glass that's been drizzled with caramel.

<thud>

It's even better if you put a pitcher of it into the deep freeze to get all slushy.

If you can't be bothered with such froo-frooness, then a tumbler of Jack & Coke or a shot of really good tequila can also be nice.
"Nice is different than good." -- Stephen Sondheim, Into the Woods

zyphus

#18 Post by zyphus »

I prefer the "crying russian".
I'm sure you have heard of the white or black russian but this is a variation.

Take 1 shot glass, flip it upside down.
Fill small dimple in bottom with vodka
Snort.

Seriously though, I don't recommend anybody trying that. Just a good joke to play on friend sometimes.

I prefer the rum and coke myself.

amychelle

Cheers

#19 Post by amychelle »

I like Orange Kool-Aid and Vodka.

Simple, yet yummy.

(And I find orange hides the "wang" best.)

Also popular with the college crowd is to grab a slush (any flavor) from the local Sonic and/or Dairy Queen, and juice it up...

Drunk in no time.

8)

Evelyn

#20 Post by Evelyn »

4 more years till I can participate in this conversation, but until then, coke floats with custard are my comfort drinks. Yumm.

Eve
Braced September 9, 2002
Debanding: JULY 5!!!!!!!!

Tin Man

#21 Post by Tin Man »

Bombay sapphire, splash of Vermouth, twist. Just that simple. It simply must be sapphire though. That stuff is so good I could drink it out of a dirty ashtray with a smile on my face.
Mike
3M smartclips top and bottom since 10/13/04
Off November 06!

megan_in_pink

#23 Post by megan_in_pink »

well sine i am drinking tonight my fix is a few sex on the beach or strawberry daquries! then my teeth no longer hurt, can't walk but at least the teeth do not hurt :D

gracie381

#24 Post by gracie381 »

MILLER LITE :lol:
TEETH IN THE BEGINNING (OCT. '05)
TEETH NOW (Oct. 28, 2007)
Braced (uppers & lowers): 2 Years
Retainer Check: 1-18-08

Dadio

#25 Post by Dadio »

I'd have to agree with Fred on gin, Tanq for gin & tonic, but Bombay or Sapphire for martini. However, give Hendrick's or Plymouth a try, both make a very nice martini. Hey, if Plymouth was good enough for Travis McGee, it's good enough for me! Spouse.com isn't a gin drinker, but she won't turn down a Sapphire 'tini. Another thing you want to get for a good martini is Noilly Prat vermouth. This is way better than the others.

Noilly Prat red is also very good if you happen to like a Manhattan. We keep Maker's Mark around, it's a good and tasty pain reliever, I go for it and just a bit of water however. A nice frosty mint julep might help now that think about it.

On tequila, I'd have to say Sauza Hacienda is the one to mix with. Works for friends in a traditional, cranberry or mango margarita. However, lore has it that mezcal was what was used for labor pains and relief for other medical maladies.

Beer works well too, especially now that we can get good microbrews and the like. GA just removed the 6% cap last year. A North Coast Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout is very satisfying and quite therapuetic at about 11%.

Cheers!

HollyDontSpend

My alcohol of choice

#26 Post by HollyDontSpend »

Although I have a real affinity for red wines, I still love an nice cold beer. Right now I'm loving wheat beers. I go through phases. HA! :-88
Damon 2's for 18 months, removed 11/03/05

redjunebug

#27 Post by redjunebug »

for pain..(which i am in right now!!) i like to have a vicodin and chase it with a huge glass of chiraz or merlot. the bad thing is i can't do this at 7am or my sons bus driver might think me a little unfit.. i have to save this nice little remedy for after the child is in bed... :dance:
Value ALL Families.

Traffic

#28 Post by Traffic »

Jack and Ginger.

Of course I'll drink almost anything as long as it does not involve tequila or Southern Comfort.

blaat

#29 Post by blaat »

i prefer good tequila and a cold heineken (dutch ;) )
Uppers: Permanent retainer + hawley (night)
Lowers: Permanent retainer

Debanded since the 16th of Jan.