smoking stains

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

nickl

smoking stains

#1 Post by nickl »

Ligs are a mess after a week.....besides quitting what works THE best?

geki

#2 Post by geki »

I use color ligs and I have no complains.

Fireangel

smoking

#3 Post by Fireangel »

Hi I have ceramics on top and metal soon to be on bottom. I have the tooth colored ligs sort of an off white. They dont stain too bad. better than the clear ones I had. I am also on schedule every 4 weeks. 6 was too long and they stay pretty clean.

weird_wired

#4 Post by weird_wired »

I don't smoke but my ortho mentioned it can take one cigarette to stain ligs yellow, which rather shocked me.

Tin Man

#5 Post by Tin Man »

I smoke and drink both guinness and tea like it's my job. Obviously this isn't very lig/powerchain friendly. I went with a black powerchain and now I'm good to go.

PS - Please take your ticker out of your avatar. It's stretches it waay too large.
Mike
3M smartclips top and bottom since 10/13/04
Off November 06!

nickl

smoking stains

#6 Post by nickl »

Ill ask her what she thinks will work
I see her in two days
When i went last month for my first adjustment she told me it was smoking and that she ll put grey ligs which should help(it didnt)
btw i saw this board the first day i got my braces and i was hooked
I finally got up the courage to join
Having braces at the age of 42 seemed wierd for me to do and i must admit most people are pretty accepting.
I find that Im having the hardest time accepting my appearance.
I do know that when my ticker(which is finally in the right spot) is up Ill be a happy guy
I appreciate the support in here and I only hope that in the next two years and beyond i can offer as much assistance to others that others have showed me.
Thanks for having me folks