99 weeks - THEY ARE OFF!!!!!!! :D

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Doug

#16 Post by Doug »

Marta, what a beautiful smile, you look fantastic and must be thrilled!

Congratulations on enduring through that long process! You know now it was worth it.

Enjoy your lovely new smile! :D

Grapefruit

#17 Post by Grapefruit »

GORGEOUS!! :-)o CONGRATS!!
--i luv sports.......and shoes--

caryca

#18 Post by caryca »

wow! they look really good!!!
6/4/2005: 2nd premolar extracted+ spacers in
6/13/2005: clear braces: top and bottom
next 'date' on 18th Nov. ...and the bottoms might be off then?!:-) top will stay until Dec. before xmas.

*Marta*

#19 Post by *Marta* »

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

- for all the compliments, as well as for all the support I've received here during my treatment. I also hope I could give a little help and motivation to you too :)
99 weeks in braces (4 Dec 2003 - 27 Oct 2005)

MadeIn1984

#20 Post by MadeIn1984 »

Your smile is stunning. I'm so excited FOR you! :D
Visit me on MySpace! :wink:

hannah164

#21 Post by hannah164 »

Wow Marta! That is awesometacular! I hope I will eventually have a smile that perfect! Congratulations!

-Hannah

Alison

#22 Post by Alison »

:D :D :D :D :D Marta!

your teeth look utterly stunning! :D Congratulations!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BRACED - 21ST JUNE 2004
BRACE REMOVED- 11TH APRIL 2005
STARTED WEARING A RETAINER - 14TH APRIL 2005
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

johnnys_angel

#23 Post by johnnys_angel »

BEAUTIFUL!! Congrats :) Your 'gummy' smile (I didn't personally think it was) will get a little bit better in a couple weeks, once your gums are less irritated. I love your retainer!
Damon 2's top and bottom, BRACED 02/22/04 and REMOVED 08/29/05. Now in bonded retainers (top and bottom) :4 wisdom teeth surgically removed on 12/22/05:

sugar_rush

#24 Post by sugar_rush »

wow.. just wow. Your teeth weren't that bad before, but now they are perfect and your smile is gorgeous!! That makes my wait worthwile, i can't wait to get a nice smile like that. It's so worth all the pain. Great stuff!

Dodger(UK)

#25 Post by Dodger(UK) »

Sensational results, Marta! - Your smile looks fantastic now, well worth the toils of having braces. Congrats ;) Makes it all worth it when you get the results you wished for.

Evelyn

#26 Post by Evelyn »

AMAZING! Absolutely amazing, congrats!
Braced September 9, 2002
Debanding: JULY 5!!!!!!!!

Knucemike

#27 Post by Knucemike »

What a great looking smile marta! Fantastic!!! What kind of wear time will you have with your retainer? Has it effected your speach any?
Braces on 11/03 - Hopefully off 5/06 -Now changed to 4/07

*Marta*

#28 Post by *Marta* »

Thank you :)

Talking about retainers, I got:

- a bonded retainer for my bottom teeth. This one begins at - surprise - my first bicuspids. In other words, it's 8 teeth long. This way we'll hopefully prevent the lower canines from rotating, my ortho said. How I can floss there, I haven't figured out yet. :shock:

- a hawley for my upper teeth. I was told to go to an... erm.. adjustment? ;) - in a month's time, and then probably after 3 months from then. This month I have to wear it 24/7, and I may take it off only to eat and brush. Maybe after my next visit I'll be allowed to take it off for 2 hours a day or so... I don't know, I just hope for that.

My speech is TERRIBLE! I know not many of you know how Polish language sounds, but we have a LOT of those "ch" (like in "chicken") and "sh" sounds, also "j" like in French "bonjour", and quite a lot of "s", "z", "ts"... I got a new nickname, Pardon ;) LOL ;)

It got a little better now, but I still can't pronounce those sounds correctly. I hope it'll get better with time... Right now I have to take the retainer off when I'm on the phone because nobody would understand me...

But still, I feel great ;) and I only got very positive comments on my teeth. Everyone is surprised they're THAT straight ;) "As a keyboard", one of my colleagues said.
99 weeks in braces (4 Dec 2003 - 27 Oct 2005)

Clo

#29 Post by Clo »

Hi Marta,

you did a great job, many congratulations from me too.
The last photo you added here on page one shows a very happy girl !
It is a great photo BTW. I hope you will continue to visit us from time to
time, graduated-to-the-naked-tooth-with-flashing-colors-MARTA !!

sunflr77

#30 Post by sunflr77 »

Marta your teeth look fantastic. Have you gotten used to your new smile yet?

Congratulations on the debonding.