Shortest Treatment Time

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Laura

Shortest Treatment Time

#1 Post by Laura »

Just wondering what your shortest treatment time has been or is going to be? I'm geeting my top teeth braced soon and am hoping to be finished in a year, if I have monthly adjustments.

amychelle

6mo

#2 Post by amychelle »

My first dentist told me 3 months, then I went to another and he said 6 months, and now it's looking more like 8 months.

I have a tooth out of alignment (it came in behind a primary tooth) and the first one was just planning on yanking it on up. The second about the same, but realized there wasn't room, so I'm spending 3 months with a spacer spring to make room, and now they are fixing my bite a little (front teeth meet straight on.)

Granted, I'm not normal. This is less than half of what most people spend in braces. (And yes, I'm thankful I have a nice smile.)

mackenzie

#3 Post by mackenzie »

About a year, maybe a little more, maybe a little less.

mtbrncofn

#4 Post by mtbrncofn »

Supposed to be 9-12 months for me.
Full upper and lower metal braces put on May 12, 2005.

Braces free as of April 18, 2006!

Temporarily rebraced Nov. 21, 2006. ( I think I've moved past temporary. )

Brace free again - July 26, 2007.

swellen

#5 Post by swellen »

Mine was 6 months, but I was only braced on top and there was no bite correction. If I'd gone the jaw surgery option it would have been more like two years.

TeenQueen

#6 Post by TeenQueen »

I got mine on in January of 2005 and according to the ortho I should be brace free by Feb 2006.

Chocoholic

#7 Post by Chocoholic »

A year for me hopefully, so I'm nearly half way through, and it's just not going quickly enough. I really don't know how many of you can have these things on for years on end.

mackenzie

#8 Post by mackenzie »

I was talking to my friend about braces the other day, and they told her about a year and a half but she got them off in 9 months! I hope I'm lucky like that

cookie

#9 Post by cookie »

On another board I post on (non-ortho related) there was a girl who said she got her braces on at the start of Jan of this year and she got them off at the start of May this year - seems an inordinantly short amount of time to me!
Ceramic top braces 14 Dec 2004, Ceramic top braces OFF 2 Jun 2006
Metal bottom braces 26 Apr 2005

dkt3

#10 Post by dkt3 »

I just read a magazine article about a dancer who was asked what was the one thing that she had done to improve herself. She said she got clear braces for six weeks (!!!!!!!) because her canines where shadowing her front teeth and she couldnt be happier. Six weeks!!!!! that would be a dream for me!

bigsmilee

#11 Post by bigsmilee »

I got an expander put in in April. Got it taken out in July and have been braced since. I will be getting my braces off most likely mid december at the laterst early Jan! Can not wait I tell yas!

AustinWired

In the running...

#12 Post by AustinWired »

I got the first of my brackets on 1/27/05, but they were just on the molars. I didn't get all the ones in the front until 5/13/05. My tentative debonding date is 11/30/05. So...total time in full braces will be about 6 1/2 months. Total treatment time of 10 months. Not too shabby considering the initial estimate of 12-18 months! Wish I had a before picture...they have moved SO much. :P
Braced 1/27/2005
De-Braced 12/5/2005
Ceramic brackets, now in Essix retainers!