getting braced on Nov. 8th, anyone else?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

brat 2

getting braced on Nov. 8th, anyone else?

#1 Post by brat 2 »

I am getting top braces put on Tues. anyone else getting braced? I wore my spacers for 2 weeks and I can't wait to get them out :!: :!:

bejay23

Got Braced Nov 7

#2 Post by bejay23 »

I got braced the day before you did! I didn't need any spacers though. How do you feel with the braces on now?

BraceUrself

#3 Post by BraceUrself »

Congrats to you both on your new teeth! Your journey is just beginning & I hope it's a good one for you! How are you both doing today with them? Update us ok?
Spacers-9-19-05
Top Braced-10-03-05
lowers on-10-17-05
appliance installed in mouth 10-17-05
2 extractions on 8-3-06
2 years treatment time

Dr says I won't finish on time

brat 2

#4 Post by brat 2 »

Better today, last night I wanted to cry my teeth hurt so bad. I had only liquids and some mashed potatoes until supper, then I actually ate some semi-solid food. I don't regret getting braces though, I know it will be worth it in the end.

BJ23 How are you doing with your braces? Are you able to eat okay?
upper metal braces applied November 8th, 2005
lower metal braces applied February 23rd, 2006

bejay23

Still no Pain!

#5 Post by bejay23 »

Believe it or not, I have had no pain yet! I thought I would be a soldier and attempt to eat some Tyson chicken fingers. They are soft, but as soon as I bit down, I had the shock of a lifetime. So going forward, no more SOLID FOODS for me...lol

I am sticking to Ramen noodles, mashed potatoes, meatloaf, soup, etc...
Other than that, my teeth don't hurt a bit. I will be having 4 extractions done once my ortho feels some allignment has taken place with my teeth/bite. Then, I will probably feel the pain that you all have felt...

Until then... :lol:
Bejay23
Damon 3 upper and lower; Crowding

Jodster

#6 Post by Jodster »

Got bottoms braced the morning of 8th, and am not having the best of times right now :( I have a sore on the side of my tongue from the cleat on the band and the outer portion of the band is digging into my cheek!! I am going through a stick of wax each time I put it on (for all of my mouth) and I have a pretty high tolerance for pain.
^!^!^!^!^!^!^!^!^!^!^!^!^!^

Ceramic Uppers 9/6/05; metal lowers 11/8/05
4 bicuspids removed 10/26/05

33 y.o. male whose parents couldn't afford braces as a teen---and YES, I TOO AM OBSESSED!!

Geri

#7 Post by Geri »

Jodster, did they pinch the cleat with a pair of pliers to make it as minimal as possible? I read that they sometimes forget to do that, and that's just what they did when I had my lowers put on. So I asked and was very glad I did. If the assistant didn't do this for you then it could be fixed-up pretty quickly and save your tounge.
Music in the soul can be heard by the universe
Upper ceramics: 3 Oct 2005, Lower metals: 1 Nov 2005
Estimated treatment time: 18-24 months
Braces remove: April 4, 2007!

Jodster

#8 Post by Jodster »

Geri wrote:Jodster, did they pinch the cleat with a pair of pliers to make it as minimal as possible? I read that they sometimes forget to do that, and that's just what they did when I had my lowers put on. So I asked and was very glad I did. If the assistant didn't do this for you then it could be fixed-up pretty quickly and save your tounge.
Not that I am aware of. The cleat on the other side is still obtrusive, but doesn't bother me near as much. I went in right after that last post to have them grind it down. The Ortho was quite surpised that I had developed as large of a sore as I did...OH WELL. Hopefully I will see progress in the next week in terms of healing. :roll:
^!^!^!^!^!^!^!^!^!^!^!^!^!^

Ceramic Uppers 9/6/05; metal lowers 11/8/05
4 bicuspids removed 10/26/05

33 y.o. male whose parents couldn't afford braces as a teen---and YES, I TOO AM OBSESSED!!