A question about elastics

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Caralyn03

A question about elastics

#1 Post by Caralyn03 »

Can you only have elacstics if you have something for it to hook onto on the top braces :?:

LoobyLou

#2 Post by LoobyLou »

As far as I'm aware yes - I don't see how you could have elastics if there are no hooks to attach them to. I think they put these little hooks on when it's time to have elastics. Is this what you meant?

LoobyLou
Braced: 22nd April 2005
Type of brace: Damon 3 uppers and lowers
Estimated brace time: 18 months - now extended to approx 22 months

*Latest - now I have no idea how long it will be!*

TheSilverSmileChileno

#3 Post by TheSilverSmileChileno »

stop spamming!!
Spacers-7-27-05
Full Braces on-8-15-05
I luv my braces...

Evelyn

#4 Post by Evelyn »

TheSilverSmileChileno wrote:stop spamming!!
Agreed!!!!!

But to answer the question, they put loops on there to attach the elastics to when it's time.

Next time please post an actual subject-I think you'll find that you get a lot more replies that way
Braced September 9, 2002
Debanding: JULY 5!!!!!!!!

wating4braces

#5 Post by wating4braces »

Amen.

Katie... It did get my attention though

bbsadmin

#6 Post by bbsadmin »

I changed the topic of your post.

I'd appreciate if you don't do that again. It's "bad netiquette." Thanks.
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!