bottoms only?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Jeneva

bottoms only?

#1 Post by Jeneva »

So i tried to search this - to no avail... My dentist mentioned during a cleaning last January that she didn't like the way one of my bottom lateral incisors was shifting. I always called in my "bulldog tooth" as it has been pushed infront of the neighboring central incisor. It does get in the way from time to time, and i do have the tendency of having a canker sore in that spot of my mouth from that tooth (i suppose). Anyhow - I told her I would keep an eye on it. During my July cleaning she didn't really mention it and I forgot to bring it up... anyhow as far as my question:
My top teeth are relatively straight - so if i chose to get this little crowding issue straightened, would thay ortho put braces on my lower teeth only?

Also - i have a hard time cleaning there - plaque tends to build, food gets caught between teeth... should this be a concern and motivation in getting them straightened?

Thanks for any input!

LoobyLou

#2 Post by LoobyLou »

I agree with Lucyloop - rather than putting them on perfectly straight teeth for straightening-up reasons I think they put them on so that when the not-so-straight ones are moving around the ortho can adjust the straight ones to line them up with the newly straightened ones! If that made any sense at all!!!

Good luck!

LoobyLou :)
Braced: 22nd April 2005
Type of brace: Damon 3 uppers and lowers
Estimated brace time: 18 months - now extended to approx 22 months

*Latest - now I have no idea how long it will be!*

Jeneva

#3 Post by Jeneva »

Thanks for the replies... i kind of had the feeling that that was the answer.