Bracket removal

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

fins

Bracket removal

#1 Post by fins »

Has anyone had to have their brackets repositioned? Is this common and why is it done?
fins

LoobyLou

#2 Post by LoobyLou »

Hi,
Yes I have had 3 of my brackets repositioned in one adjustment and this was done to close up the gap that had appeared between my 2 front bottom teeth and one to try to move one of my top front teeth towards the centre as it was a v shaped gap. Hope this helps!

x
Braced: 22nd April 2005
Type of brace: Damon 3 uppers and lowers
Estimated brace time: 18 months - now extended to approx 22 months

*Latest - now I have no idea how long it will be!*

BlueeyedManda

#3 Post by BlueeyedManda »

I had this just done a week ago, my two teeth next to my front teeth each got done. The brackets were sitting up a little too high. I was amazed at how fast it was over. I was actually worried since I have the ceramics and have heard sometimes they shatter coming off. I did not have any problems and they snapped off in one piece...Hurray!!!