Smoothies are my friend

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Tin Man

Smoothies are my friend

#1 Post by Tin Man »

Got a bracket repositioning today and now I can't get my teeth together to chew. How annoying is that?
Mike
3M smartclips top and bottom since 10/13/04
Off November 06!

Nikkiekoala

#2 Post by Nikkiekoala »

It is incredibly annoying! I have dealt with it since day one. None of my back teeth meet. The ortho said it will be a few more months before I can chew 'normally'. I sat there thinking 'how about chewing period, forget 'normally'. I have learned the fine art of mushing food on the top of my mouth and chewing with my teeth closer to the front. Doesn't work with steak but ground sirloin works :P
Hopefully, things will move quickly for you so you can eat 'normally'.....

Braced Aug. 11th 2005
Damon 3's
Crowding
Crossbite
**My Website: http://nikkiekoala.efx2blogs.com/

2XRound

Open Bite

#3 Post by 2XRound »

Tin Man: I am new here but I can attest that it is very frustrating not to be able to chew anything at all. People ask me if it hurts to chew and I answer that I dont know because I can't.
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;29;124/st/20130308/e/Full+Braces+were+applied/k/91e6/event.png[/img]

[color=#0080FF]
[size=150]Alexandra (Alex)[/size][/color]

Caralyn03

#4 Post by Caralyn03 »

My back teeth don't meet too. so i still find it hard to eat. onlyy somethings like steak

Jodster

#5 Post by Jodster »

I got my bottoms put on yesterday and I too have noticed that my bite totally changed once they attached the wire.

So much for a steak tonight!! Has anyone experienced a mangled tongue due to the "removal lugs" on the inside of their band on their molars? What have you done to remedy it?!?!?!
^!^!^!^!^!^!^!^!^!^!^!^!^!^

Ceramic Uppers 9/6/05; metal lowers 11/8/05
4 bicuspids removed 10/26/05

33 y.o. male whose parents couldn't afford braces as a teen---and YES, I TOO AM OBSESSED!!

Eleni

#6 Post by Eleni »

On the bright side of things, I don't think I have ever eaten as much fruit or yogurt/soy milk in my life. Smoothies are a good habit to keep after all this is done. That and brushing 3 times a day (at least).

And of course you can still eat steak - just put it in a blender. Yeah, it doesn't LOOK so appetizing, but it doesn't take away from the fact that it is STILL steak, only mushed. :D
Top Ceramic Braces: July 2004 - Self-Eruption of an Impacted Upper Right Canine
Bottom Metal Braces: December 2005 - Crowding
Debanded: December 2006
The story